Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Screen Flickering with FGU

Hi Guys,
    I've read a couple of threads in here regarding this issue but non of which actually worked for me and most(I think) were related to FGC instead of FGU. This happens only on my wife's computer, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

Issue:
    Both screens starts flickering whenever we open FGU.

Setup:
    Windows 10 20H2
    Two LG monitors, one 23'(1920x1080) and one 17'(1600x900) both are 60hz. Second one has an HDMI > VGA Adapter.
    NVidia 1050Ti
    16GB RAM
    Ryzen 5 5600X

What has been tested already:
    1. Tried turning anti aliasing off
    2. Tried with a single monitor
    3. Fresh install

None of which had any positive results, if anyone has experienced this and can give me an insight... that would be great. We haven't played for a while(couple months maybe) but it was working fine, that is until our last session.

Thanks,

If it was working fine and then stopped working recently, that would seem to point to a graphics driver update issue.

We have been using the same build engine for FGU for the last 6 months; so nothing should have changed from an engine perspective that would have caused it. In fact, the Live version is from February 4; so the program itself hasn't changed in two months (since we've been working on big lighting changes).

Regards,
    JPG

I get a similar behavior randomly as well. I use FGU in a 2 monitor environment and size FGU manually. At times, if I have something in front on FGU, like Chrome or some other browser. it will start flickering, sometimes very very often and quickly. For my case. it's been happening since early on. It's not something I reported however because I can't seem to find a way to reproduce it.

I'm using current NVIDIA drivers and windows is updated.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If it was working fine and then stopped working recently, that would seem to point to a graphics driver update issue.

We have been using the same build engine for FGU for the last 6 months; so nothing should have changed from an engine perspective that would have caused it. In fact, the Live version is from February 4; so the program itself hasn't changed in two months (since we've been working on big lighting changes).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the answer, during our session yesterday I finally found out what it was... HDMI > VGA adapter, removed that thing out of the equation and it worked fine, I'm guessing it has something to do with the refresh rate on the second monitor since I was not able to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I get a similar behavior randomly as well. I use FGU in a 2 monitor environment and size FGU manually. At times, if I have something in front on FGU, like Chrome or some other browser. it will start flickering, sometimes very very often and quickly. For my case. it's been happening since early on. It's not something I reported however because I can't seem to find a way to reproduce it.

I'm using current NVIDIA drivers and windows is updated.
    Do you have adapter as well or only HDMI cables? As mentioned above(on this same answer) removing that adapter fixed the issue for me. Had to change the display as well(swapped with one of mine).
    Last edited by RicardoJiban; April 13th, 2021 at 15:12. Reason: fixed typing error

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJiban View Post
    Do you have adapter as well or only HDMI cables? As mentioned above(on this same answer) removing that adapter fixed the issue for me. Had to change the display as well(swapped with one of mine).
    I use HDMI cables. My card is a NVIDIA 3090.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

My card is a NVIDIA 3090.
    Boo! <insert stronger language here>
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 12th, 2021 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Boo! <insert stronger language here>

I really wanted a 3080 but after waiting 6+ months I took the first thing I could get. I built my machine first of 2020 and didn't get the card until October I think?
    ---

Just bought a 5900X for 100 EUR (excl. VAT) over MSP. Already ordered one 5 months ago from a wholesaler, but it never arrived. I need it for work, but it will also help run games faster (than my current 9900K), including single-threaded ones like FGU.

I use HDMI cables. My card is a NVIDIA 3090.
    Did you try the other solutions on the forum for Refresh rates? Even though they usually are not related to FGU but to FGC itself, it might be worth taking a lot a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJiban View Post
    Did you try the other solutions on the forum for Refresh rates? Even though they usually are not related to FGU but to FGC itself, it might be worth taking a lot a look at.
    Not sure what the other solutions where for refresh rates. Currently both of my monitors are at 144hz.
    ---

Thread Information