FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Of course we can manually change the values, but I argue that we shouldn't have to do these kind of quirky calculations.

A 20 ft torch should light a 20/40 ft area around the token , measured from the edges of a token (regardless of torch in the hand or light from the heart). And we should be able to input the number 20 and 40 to get that instead of 22.5/42.5. Especially since 5E counts circular half squares as being fully covered anyway, which equals the same outcome for both center and edge and should be visible as such.

Saved presets will be useful, the numbers to input will still be strange. The current torch preset lists 25/45 = 5" higher numbers than the torch, with the latter of which currently revealing 2.5" too much (=8.5 squares).

I do not make a distinction between miniature play and token play and a torch light is just as much an area of effect as a light spell. The 5E rules for that are printed on page 251 of the Dungeon Master's Guide. Personally I only list those rules, because my interpretation was called "house rules" earlier, I only care for convenience and common sense (numbers entered should match display).

As I said earlier we can argue about it back and forward and get nowhere - so let's not do that. Please everyone.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As said earlier, I am not even really arguing rules other than being called out for it. But 20/40 vision should be entered as 20/40 numbers and be visually represented the way tokens can see, not some half-grid representation when full grids are visible anyway.

Furthermore, it's bugged: Currently we have to enter dim 45 to see 42.5 from the center. Entering 40 only reveals 37.5 from the center, aka the source token will not see tokens 40 away. That is unless the bright area is set to within 2.4 of the dim one (37.6/40 works, 37.5/40 does not). It's all a mess of numbers, neither intuitive nor correct.

Blog Entries
    I disagree, it's about interpretation and I prefer how it behaves now. But as asked, and lets not argue about it. If you want it, I put it on the wish list and the community can vote.

MOD: thread closed to prevent another diatribe. Those who wish to vote may vote here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=136106

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information