DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character Wizard/Character sheet ideas

So I went to the Mongoose Traveller 2ed Symposium today with Matt, Collin and Greg. First, thanks for doing this, second thanks for being patient and answering all of our questions. One of the topics discussed was to make a post regarding what the community would like to see in a character viewer. So here we are... (PS regarding the character sheets, could the font for the tabs on the side be slightly bigger.)

1. The ability to have navigate and add career options easier. Preferably via tables and dice rolling but with the ability to edit. For those that would like less random characters.
    2. Allies and enemies tables be drag and drop or just have rollable tables for them.
    2.5 **Side note** I am having an issue with drag and drop armour not actually showing up in the armour section... Specifically the Boarding Vacc Suit (TL12) [Provided below.]
    2.75 Character status on the Actions Tab is it possible to have a +/- tab for taking damage to a stat for the current tab. There is a reset button, which is nice, but manually shifting each one each time is frustrating when you have to keep your tabs small for screen space.

I am very new to FGU, and to traveller in general. These are just a few observations I saw. I am sure there are plenty more that more experienced players could aid in discovery so that Colin knows what he wants to do or if its even worth doing in the first place. I have purchased probably 75% of the books so sorting through all the tables at creation is very cumbersome. anything that is able to tie things together would be great.

Thanks in advance, this is a great new community that I am discovering and thoroughly enjoying getting to know.

Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Vayne187 View Post
    So I went to the Mongoose Traveller 2ed Symposium today with Matt, Collin and Greg. First, thanks for doing this, second thanks for being patient and answering all of our questions. One of the topics discussed was to make a post regarding what the community would like to see in a character viewer. So here we are... (PS regarding the character sheets, could the font for the tabs on the side be slightly bigger.)

1. The ability to have navigate and add career options easier. Preferably via tables and dice rolling but with the ability to edit. For those that would like less random characters.
    2. Allies and enemies tables be drag and drop or just have rollable tables for them.
    2.5 **Side note** I am having an issue with drag and drop armour not actually showing up in the armour section... Specifically the Boarding Vacc Suit (TL12) [Provided below.]
    2.75 Character status on the Actions Tab is it possible to have a +/- tab for taking damage to a stat for the current tab. There is a reset button, which is nice, but manually shifting each one each time is frustrating when you have to keep your tabs small for screen space.

I am very new to FGU, and to traveller in general. These are just a few observations I saw. I am sure there are plenty more that more experienced players could aid in discovery so that Colin knows what he wants to do or if its even worth doing in the first place. I have purchased probably 75% of the books so sorting through all the tables at creation is very cumbersome. anything that is able to tie things together would be great.

Thanks in advance, this is a great new community that I am discovering and thoroughly enjoying getting to know.

Capture.PNG
    Hi Vayne187,

It was nice to talk to you on Friday. As soon as v1.2.3 is out, let's look at what we can do, but first.....

1. It was nice to talk about this. I'm sure we can do something like this.
    2. Which Allies and Enemies tables?
    2.5 ---- you need to 'wear' the Armour. You see the icon at the end, click that and it shows 'wearing' (at the moment you're holding them).
    2.75. So you want a + and - button near each to stat? Click the each and it changes that current status? I'm sure we can do that, just need to find the space.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Not to interrupt this thread, but I honestly interpreted the thread title as someone wanting to introduce wizards to Traveller and thought, "WTF?". Then I opened and read the thread and it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Not to interrupt this thread, but I honestly interpreted the thread title as someone wanting to introduce wizards to Traveller and thought, "WTF?". Then I opened and read the thread and it made sense.
    hahaha! Well Played, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Vayne187,

It was nice to talk to you on Friday. As soon as v1.2.3 is out, let's look at what we can do, but first.....

1. It was nice to talk about this. I'm sure we can do something like this.
    2. Which Allies and Enemies tables?
    2.5 ---- you need to 'wear' the Armour. You see the icon at the end, click that and it shows 'wearing' (at the moment you're holding them).
    2.75. So you want a + and - button near each to stat? Click the each and it changes that current status? I'm sure we can do that, just need to find the space.

Thanks,
    MBM
    1. Likewise, it was awesome to chat with you given all you do for the community.
    2. It was in regards to the section on the first tab of the character Sheet (I attached a Screenshot below.)
    Capture.PNG
    2.5 OMG I feel stupid now, I had it marked carried so I never investigated further and yeah that solved that issue, Thanks!
    2.75 Yes it is only needed in my opinion here on this tab
    Capture2.PNG

PS I am learning about the ability to add .ext files to FGU. Are there any that I should get that help with Traveller? I noticed that most are geared to 5e. Being new to VTT in general, and very new to FG/FGU it is a bit overwhelming trying to discover all the little hacks out there. I learned a lot from videos when learning Roll 20, as a DM it was very easy to pick up. FGU has a much higher learner curve at least to me. I find it so much harder to pick up a video and figure things out like I did with Roll 20. Thank god for Fantasy Grounds College or i'd be totally lost!

Thread Information