STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: version 4.1

version 4.1

Hey just checking to see when I check for updates does it automatically give me the latest version of FG or do I have to re download? The reason I am asking is it looks like LOS has updated is only version 4.1 which I don't have and currently running 4.010.

I would love to have this feature so hopefully its out already and I am running an older version ...

4.1 is in beta test, not in live. More information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Release-v4-1
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi @Trenloe! Instead of burying version info in forums, could you guys throw together a quick "here's what's in development" page? Just some quick info like:
    1. Here's the current live version
    2. Here's the current beta test version, here's what's in it so far, and here is the target date for this version to go live.

I'm running a small campaign on the test servers (because the lighting and vision dev is waaaaay too good not to use), but each time I boot up, I have to wonder, "oh hey, is 4.1 live yet?" Rather than digging through forums to try to figure that out, I usually just flip over to the live servers to see what version they're running. It takes time, but it takes less time than forum crawling. A quick way to see that info would be much appreciated!

PS: If there already is an easy way to find that info, can you please point me to it?

Thanks!

Hi Beokuhn,

Welcome to the forum.

Generally, FG's lead developer, Moon Wizard, posts a thread inside the "City Hall" forum thread that relates to the version. There are really only 3 types of threads in City Hall:

1) When the latest version of FG Classic goes live
    2) When the latest version of FG Unity goes live
    3) Weekly updates for modules that have been updated on "update Tuesday"

The latest FG Unity-related post says "4.0.10" in the title. When they release 4.1, there will be a thread with "4.1" in the title of the thread.

Hopefully, this helps understand how the versioning posting for FG works. No need to search all the forum. Just look in City Hall

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p?37-City-Hall

Also, Moon Wizard will make the new version thread a sticky to keep it at the top.
    Last edited by sciencephile; April 10th, 2021 at 21:36.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Any idea when 4.1 may go live? ... Please say tonight ... please say tonight ....

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beokuhn View Post
    Hi @Trenloe! Instead of burying version info in forums, could you guys throw together a quick "here's what's in development" page? Just some quick info like:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ght+Sneak+Peek
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Brucewayneis007 View Post
    Any idea when 4.1 may go live? ... Please say tonight ... please say tonight ....

Thanks!!
    Soon.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Brucewayneis007 View Post

Thanks!!
    Last time I checked there were still some performance issues that need to be worked our before it is ready for prime time, as such it depends on how long it takes to find and eliminate the source of the problems. So it's not really possible to give a time frame. However, I can tell you that general releases and updates happen on Tuesday, so tonight is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Beokuhn View Post
    I'm running a small campaign on the test servers (because the lighting and vision dev is waaaaay too good not to use), but each time I boot up, I have to wonder, "oh hey, is 4.1 live yet?" Rather than digging through forums to try to figure that out, I usually just flip over to the live servers to see what version they're running. It takes time, but it takes less time than forum crawling. A quick way to see that info would be much appreciated!

PS: If there already is an easy way to find that info, can you please point me to it?
    Click the "Release Notes" button on the FG startup screen to see what's the most current release in live.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information