DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Aside from potential problems with OneNote, as mentioned, another possibility would be a duplicate copy of the 5E ruleset being present, which I've seen cause problems in the past.
    If you're talking about the PAK files, there's only one. If not, where would I find that? Other than in the modules, I find no other reference to the 5e ruleset.
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    If you're talking about the PAK files, there's only one. If not, where would I find that? Other than in the modules, I find no other reference to the 5e ruleset.
    Yeah, those are what I was referring to. The most common situation for it I've seen is if someone unzipped a copy of the ruleset into the same location, though it doesn't sound like that is the case here. I'm not super familiar with OneDrive, but there is a possibility that it keeps hidden copies of things for synchronization purposes.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Yeah, those are what I was referring to. The most common situation for it I've seen is if someone unzipped a copy of the ruleset into the same location, though it doesn't sound like that is the case here. I'm not super familiar with OneDrive, but there is a possibility that it keeps hidden copies of things for synchronization purposes.
    Moved the data already and same issue...SIGH. Currently redoing the FGU setup. Next will be a full uninstall and re-install

Re-run the setup and no go...SIGH. I have a game in 40 so I'll do the re-install later/tomorrow (EDT)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    No one has suggested a complete uninstall/reinstall.
    It is not a likely fix.
    Because this is a Windows machine. If all else fails, reinstall.

To clarify the issue, please correct me if I'm wrong:
    - You have one extension that you can't enable in a D&D 5e campaign? It doesn't even show in the extension list to enable in FG.
    - All your other extensions for 5E are showing fine?
    - You've re-downloaded the .ext file from the original source?
    - You're using FGU in the live channel.

Assuming all the above is correct, then this is still pointing to a problem with the extension itself - be it the original packaging/config of that extension, or during the download and copy process on your machine.

- Which extension is it you're having an issue with? Please provide a link to the source.
    - Open FGU to the startup page, click the folder icon in the top left of the window to open a file explorer session in the FG app data directory. Go into the extensions directory. If this doesn't show the file extension, in the file explorer menu -> view tab, un-check "File name extensions" in the Show/Hide section. Please take a screenshot of file explorer, showing the file extensions, and showing a list of the extensions in this directory - including the extension file you're having issues with.
    - Change the file extension from .ext to .zip and extract to a directory outside of the FG App data directories. Please provide a screenshot of the top level unzipped directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To clarify the issue, please correct me if I'm wrong:
    - You have one extension that you can't enable in a D&D 5e campaign? It doesn't even show in the extension list to enable in FG.
    - All your other extensions for 5E are showing fine?
    - You've re-downloaded the .ext file from the original source?
    - You're using FGU in the live channel.

Assuming all the above is correct, then this is still pointing to a problem with the extension itself - be it the original packaging/config of that extension, or during the download and copy process on your machine.

- Which extension is it you're having an issue with? Please provide a link to the source.
    - Open FGU to the startup page, click the folder icon in the top left of the window to open a file explorer session in the FG app data directory. Go into the extensions directory. If this doesn't show the file extension, in the file explorer menu -> view tab, un-check "File name extensions" in the Show/Hide section. Please take a screenshot of file explorer, showing the file extensions, and showing a list of the extensions in this directory - including the extension file you're having issues with.
    - Change the file extension from .ext to .zip and extract to a directory outside of the FG App data directories. Please provide a screenshot of the top level unzipped directory.
    We are now down to one. One of the authors re-uploaded and it now works fine. I found out from another author that there's doesn't show up in 5e. Only the last one is the issue.

I did the change from ext to zip and it won't open. I've re-downloaded from their GitHub page and still the same error (see attached) So I'll now go back to the author and find out what happened.

Thanks for all the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you all for your help, including the authors and their compatriots for everything you've said and done. I know I can be a bit stubborn when it comes to problems, and huff and puff a bit, so your patience is appreciated. Everything is up and running as it should be and I have more tools in my own troubleshooting kit to minimize my dependence on you all.

Gratefully,

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    Everything is up and running as it should be and I have more tools in my own troubleshooting kit to minimize my dependence on you all.
    Fantastic!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information