DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Extensions not loading

Just did some recent updates on some 3rd party extensions (5e attunement tracker, Constitutional Amendments and 5e - theogeek- Improved critical). When I start my game, after I've updated everything, ie forced update, it won't find the first two but will locate the third one as well as most of the 30+ extensions I do have. I had the original attunement tracker and the predecessor to CA, and they worked fine until the latest big patch. I even tried inputting them manually into the extensionstate XML file in the campaign. The game just overwrote them. I am also missing the CAE - Generic Token Swapper, even though the other CAE extensions are loading up properly. I've checked the troubleshooting logs and they show most, but not all my extensions.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an upper limit to the number of extensions?

Thank you in advance for any help
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

FGU or FGC?
    Are you running in the live or test channel?

If you've placed the newly downloaded extension .ext files in the correct location (note that FGU has a different location for live and test) then you may need to verify with the extension authors that there aren't any issues with there recent files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There is no known limit to the number of extensions. Just like there is no limit to each extension conflicting with every other extension, or each extension being broken by FG's weekly update. Some extensions might work with only FGC or FGU. If you are having problems with an extension not loading you should go to whenever you acquired it and made sure you have the latest extension and that is still being supported.

There was a major change to combat and the sideboard buttons within the last few months which had the potential to break most extensions that alter that part of FG.

Please note that extensions are not automatically updated by FG and Smiteworks so you have to do it manually.

I've checked all the authors' posts here and also verified in DMG to get the latest info. In all cases, there don't seem to be any conflicts and in the case of the CAE file, I have about 15 extensions by that author, and the other 14 work fine. The extensions don't even show up on the initial load screen as options to load. I could understand if they gave error messages, but they're not even showing on the list to install.

Blog Entries
    If they don't show up on the load screen, it is almost always because the extension was zipped incorrectly. Most commonly either they used the wrong type of compression or the included the parent folder.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

To also help us better understand your issue, please answer my questions from an earlier post:

FG Unity or FG Classic?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If they don't show up on the load screen, it is almost always because the extension was zipped incorrectly. Most commonly either they used the wrong type of compression or the included the parent folder.
    None of the files were zipped

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To also help us better understand your issue, please answer my questions from an earlier post:

FG Unity or FG Classic?
    Sorry about that. FGU 4.0 (latest update as of today) live

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    None of the files were zipped
    Extensions are compressed files and then renamed. They need to be compressed using standard ZIP compression algorithms. You can see this by renaming from .ext to .zip and then extracting them. You will then see numerous files.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Attaching screen cap of the extensions folder
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information