DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    OK. I have an interesting situation that popped up with a new campaign I have started to set up.
    I loaded up all my extensions as normal, and the log was completely clear of errors.
    Once I loaded up my modules the error showed up.
    As you've said it's because of extensions, then would I be correct that it is an extension that works with a module that is the problem?
    This would definitely help in narrowing it down.

Thanks for any help.
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    As you've said it's because of extensions, then would I be correct that it is an extension that works with a module that is the problem?
    Not necessarily. It depends on the error and what is causing it. For example, you could be loading an extension that changes some of the ruleset code (that's what extensions do) and the changed code could be expecting a certain data format - which some modules, not being aware of the format being expected by the extension, might not conform to - hence you get errors.

If you get no errors when you load a module without any extensions then it'll be an extension causing the issue. So, I'm afraid it's a case of you loading extensions/modules one-by-one and working out which extension and which module/s cause the issue. Then report the issue to the extension author.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you.
    I had hoped for easier, but I wasn't expecting it.
    I know enough to know that I don't know it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbbrbootz View Post
    Thank you.
    I had hoped for easier, but I wasn't expecting it.
    Pay attention to the error messages - the script names contained in the error messages may contain abbreviations that relate to an extension name.

Also consider where the error messages are - do they occur when you activate a module, or do they occur when you open a specific record type? If it's when you do a specific operation within FG, this will narrow down what extension might cause it - those extensions doing some operation/code change when you open a specific record are the likely culprit.

Ultimately this boils down to this - extensions change base ruleset code, the more extensions you run the more likely you have that something will break/clash; keep your extensions updated and be aware of what each extension you enable does - so that you will have a better understanding of which part of the ruleset they impact, and whether there could be conflict between extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information