DICE PACKS BUNDLE

License key not visible during setup

Today I had to enter my license key manually. Turns out that the license key setup field is anonymized to *******************************. No way to make it visible.

I doubt that anyone glancing over my shoulder during setup will ever be able to quickly remember said key and from the top of my head I don't remember any other software handing key input this way. It's not a password, so please make it visible for easier setup.

When you purchased from the store, then you can look here for your license key https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/myorders.php, and when you double-click on the key, then it will mark the key (and just the key, no extra spaces) such that one can simply copy&paste it Not sure what problems you had with the manual input, but that is a quick procedure

Thanks for the reply. I had to manually input the key, no copy & paste available. Problem was that I was not able to see what I entered, so I could not check/correct errors. This is no password, so there is no need to obfuscate the input.

ah, I see, yeah, that is understandable Or a good compromise of both worls would be a hide/unhide button as for passwords sometimes

Blog Entries
    I suggest you add it to the wish list so your suggestion does not get lost in the forums. And then when the devs are ready to look at new features to consider implementing they can find it easily and review the idea. It may also be good to add a link from the suggestion to here, and add a link here to the item on the wish list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Frankly, I was hoping that this wasn't by design, but by error. That assumption was based on software experience and common sense, so I may have been wrong?!

I think this is by design; and I prefer to keep it hidden, is especially useful for streamers who may want to give some tutorial on that kind of stuff They may accidentally show the key otherwise then

(a rare situation, but still however, it is tied to the account, so, still password protected, but I think people would still like to avoid it )

I think Kelrugem is likely right, but a show "password" button would be nice QoL.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country - older people might get (50+) this.

Thread Information