STAR TREK 2d20

Auto roll initiative each round for monsters, manual roll initiative for characters

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to auto roll initiative for the monsters every round, but allow the characters to roll initiative manually every round. I saw the "CT: Auto-Roll Init Each Round" option in the "House Rules (GM) section of the "Options" window, however, that auto rolls monsters and character initiative.

Thanks
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Under the base ruleset, when you have that enabled it does auto-roll PC initiative, but they can still override it by rolling manually. You can see who has manually rolled based on whether or not the red die icon appears in their profile image.

If that's not good enough, my extension has an option to automatically set every PC initiative to 99 each round, effectively forcing them to roll manually if they don't want to go last. However, my extension has a ton of other stuff in it (although almost everything is toggleable to enable/disable) and it's probably overkill to install if if that's the only feature you're looking for.
    Last edited by Sterno; April 7th, 2021 at 18:42.

Thanks, I did download and apply your extension. There's a lot of good stuff in there that I am interested in for my game.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

This has reminded me that I really need to update my readme on github for it. The features of that extension are basically spread throughout that entire forum thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    my extension has an option to automatically set every PC initiative to 99 each round, effectively forcing them to roll manually if they don't want to go last.
    lol, sorry this comment made me laugh... nice one Sterno.

Thread Information