Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Cannot get Reference Module to load (Unity)

I've been fighting with this for the last couple days, and I cannot see where I've gone wrong here.

I have this module I've been working on just to test out how to set up an Equipment table for Adventuring Gear, Weapons, etc., and I have the definition.xml file set to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>. It will not show up in any ruleset at all. I've tried to change it to 5E just to test, and it won't show up in 5E either. I have no idea what I've done - this is the second time I've completely rewritten this .MOD file to try to work out the problem. Could someone take a look and educate me on what I'm doing wrong?

This isn't the first reference module or .MOD file I've created... I've cut and pasted sections from my other ones and this one just won't load... in fact, every one I've tried to create has done this recently.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Comparing your client.xml to the SRDData client.xml there are considerable differences. I'd suggest that you have a look at the 5e SRDData module and you'll see the structure that's required. Your equipment opes fine from the items tab but there's too much missing for it too open from the library.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here is a working version. I didn't break down the exact cause, but worked through grabbing the data from a working module and plugged in your information. There are still issues with getting the library links set up, but it does show in the module activation screen now.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Oh, I should have said I got it to show just fine in the module activation screen. One thing though I unzipped it first just to have a look at the structure (in case it had been zipped up from the folder instead of the contents) and then I zipped it back up. So given that scenario if you don't see it in module activation screen at all then I'd suggest that it was zipped up in an incorrect format.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks superteddy57 - I'll give it a look over when I get home tonight. Really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Oh, I should have said I got it to show just fine in the module activation screen. One thing though I unzipped it first just to have a look at the structure (in case it had been zipped up from the folder instead of the contents) and then I zipped it back up. So given that scenario if you don't see it in module activation screen at all then I'd suggest that it was zipped up in an incorrect format.
    This begs the question - how should one zip it up? The method I've always used is to create a folder with the client.xml, definition.xml, and thumbnail.png file in the folder root, with an /images subfolder for images... and then use the standard Windows 10 method to highlight them all and then "Sent To" a compressed file (ZIP), after which I rename it with a .MOD file extension. Is that not the correct method?

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    Thanks superteddy57 - I'll give it a look over when I get home tonight. Really appreciate it.

This begs the question - how should one zip it up? The method I've always used is to create a folder with the client.xml, definition.xml, and thumbnail.png file in the folder root, with an /images subfolder for images... and then use the standard Windows 10 method to highlight them all and then "Sent To" a compressed file (ZIP), after which I rename it with a .MOD file extension. Is that not the correct method?
    Yes, that is the correct method. I was just speculating that if you were using something like 7zip or winRAR that the incorrect method was being used. But that's clearly not the case.

Hmm. Well I do have WinRAR installed - I'll have to double check. Maybe it's defaulting to that and I've just never noticed. The odd thing though is that I never had an issue before (with WinRAR installed), but it's likely one of those things that one doesn't realize they're doing until suddenly something breaks, lol.

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Okay, I was able to get the Module to show up - apparently it was indeed WinRAR as the culprit and the way I was zipping up the files. I've also found a couple errors I had in the code and fixed them. So now I'm seeing the Reference Manual information, as well as the Equipment list.

The issue I'm having now seems to be a ruleset issue - perhaps due to classes? I'm trying to get this to work in MoreCore.

When I open it up in 5E the Equipment List opens up fine and I can click on the subcategories and see the equipment in the lists... but when I attempt to open it up in MoreCore, the Equipment List itself will show up, but none of the subcategories open a window when clicked (i.e., Adventuring Gear, Armor, Weapons).

In fact, as an anecdote, the Equipment Lists subcategories won't open in any other ruleset than 5E - but my goal is to get this working in MoreCore primarily.

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

You'll need to ask in the MooreCore extension thread whether categories are supported for equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    Okay, I was able to get the Module to show up - apparently it was indeed WinRAR as the culprit and the way I was zipping up the files. I've also found a couple errors I had in the code and fixed them. So now I'm seeing the Reference Manual information, as well as the Equipment list.

The issue I'm having now seems to be a ruleset issue - perhaps due to classes? I'm trying to get this to work in MoreCore.

When I open it up in 5E the Equipment List opens up fine and I can click on the subcategories and see the equipment in the lists... but when I attempt to open it up in MoreCore, the Equipment List itself will show up, but none of the subcategories open a window when clicked (i.e., Adventuring Gear, Armor, Weapons).

In fact, as an anecdote, the Equipment Lists subcategories won't open in any other ruleset than 5E - but my goal is to get this working in MoreCore primarily.
    I'm trying to get my ext/mod to load now on an updated FG (been months for me using the outdated one for dev) so I can't LOOK at it now until solve that but checking to see if you means just seeing the subcategories like in this pic or if you mean like adding buttons on side or top for them?

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 11.40.34 PM.png

Thread Information