STAR TREK 2d20

Script Error for PC Personal Vehicles when applying damage

Attempted searching for this error and didn't find anything, apologies if it's been posted.

In FGU, when a PC's personal vehicle is damaged I get the following error:

Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:234 attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value

This only occurs when it is the personal vehicle - either dragged from the PC char sheet or added by the CT option. If the vehicle is added from the sidebar library, no error is thrown.

Am I screwing something up here? The only real issue is vehicles are locked by default in the library, so have to be copied to allow the "Driver" section from the Combat Tab.

I haven't tried to replicate the error in FGC, thanks all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by srbongo; April 6th, 2021 at 16:43. Reason: forgot to specify FGU like a fool.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

So i did some testing and if a vehicle had 12 toughness with 3 armor written 12(3) it errors, but 12 toughness by itself seems to calculate fine. At the moment i dont know how to get armor to work automatically, the parentheses seem to be the issue. atleast for me. Try removing the armor and just use base toughness. does it still error?

A little workaround

I was also able to recreate the error. It only happens when a Player Vehicle from the Character Sheet (Inventory Tab) is damaged.

To prevent this error with a little "workaround", just delete the armor value in the brackets and add a modification to the player´s vehicle.

Call it Armor or whatever you prefer. In the second line enter [Armor +X] - or when the vehicle has Heavy Armor enter [Heavy Armor +X].

Now, when you drag or add the vehicle into the CT and the vehicle suffers damage, it´s calculated as usual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TomtheBu; April 22nd, 2021 at 23:01.

Thread Information