5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Override background with a color?

Hey all - I'm looking for a way to override the background of a theme with just a flat color. I had an extension that worked in classic, but it doesn't seem to work in Unity.
    Is there an easy way to define the desktop frame to do this, or do I need to create a black PNG and repeat it?

Thanks!

You'd need to override the colour that's in the current theme you are using - or write and extension to do so (since in most cases you won't be able to access the theme).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes exactly, I'm just trying to figure out the exact syntax do do it since the extension I wrote for Classic didn't port. Anyone have a good link to helpful documentation?

Resolved. I cracked open the SWADE ruleset and could find no reference to background color, so I created an extension that slapped a small black png up on the screen.

What happens if you set the background image to zero size?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    What do you mean to zero size?
    If you set it to 1px * 1px it will have to draw it a couple of million times to fill the screen.

0px, e.g. 0,0,0,0. 1x1 is not zero.

If the image isn't big enough, I have no idea what would happen. I believe you would either get errors, a crash, or some sort of pink/blue background, or maybe see through to other objects/cameras. It's not something we test for.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If the image isn't big enough, I have no idea what would happen. I believe you would either get errors, a crash, or some sort of pink/blue background, or maybe see through to other objects/cameras. It's not something we test for.

Regards,
    JPG
    I actually know the answer. I was just curious to know if just getting a plain blue background was an expected result.

I kind of accidentally discovered this when I moved a theme with a 1920x1080 background to a 2560x1440 monitor and it left a blue background surrounding the image. So then I set the image to half size and it got smaller but left a bigger blue background. So for giggles I tried a zero size and it just gave me the blue background with no image.
    Last edited by swbuza; April 11th, 2021 at 03:49.

Thread Information