FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by daBadMojo
    Hey man. Good to see another potential player

Opinion heard and logged. I know I've got a couple lower-lvl adventures pre-made that I can run, modified depending on player backgrounds. I'll dig them up and read them before we go.

So thus far I've DevinRI, Habbalah, and scytale2 interested, with Toad being a little off with times but we'll see. After about 24 hours I'm pretty happy This just might get me off WoW and into the Fantasy Grounds arena for a bit for my rping.

Again, keep in mind that this won't get off of the forums and onto FGII until late August. If I can get a couple more, though, we can start on character creation and I can lay out some stuff here for you all to read... in sweet, sweet anticipation of the game

1st level sounds good to me too though have only played one AE character who started at lvl 7 so either way works for me.

To convert from CST(GMT-6) to GMT+12 add 18hrs to your time. e.g (CST)Friday8pm = Sat2pm for me.
    Because I work mon-fri and am already in a (CST)Friday night game I'd probably only be available if you play on a Saturday(between midday and 10pm).
    Welcome back to real gaming by the way. WoW is fun, but I'm happy to say that FG has killed my addiction to computer games.
    Work Less, Game More!

What time were you playing?

Hi,
    I'm in North American EST. What time and day do you think you are playing. I was running a mojh mageblade for a while in an AE campaign (FG1 Digital adventures ruleset)and then the campaign ended rather abruptly. I have a fair bit of background, history and character direction planne. I'd be interested in reprising my character and continuing along the path.

I'll send you a PM if the time and day work out and we can further discuss.
    QTB

Ah ha! Now I remember. It was called an akashic. If I remember correctly, akashic and unfettered were the only classes I really liked, but that was when it was Arcana Unearthed. It hadn't evolved yet, so I'll have to take a look again and see.

Yeah, both the Akashic and Unfettered classes are from AE. And they're still there, unchanged aside from an additional 5 levels (you can progress to lvl 25 in AE un-epicly) and minor editing I believe.

QT - Thanks for the interest! As for starting dates, the game itself will most likely start the last quarter of August (after the 20th in any case), and will most likely be a weekend game, either Friday or Saturday night. Looking at Toad's post, I'd most likely go Saturday if it doesn't conflict too much with others' schedules as well. As far as time goes, not quite sure, but it'll be early-evening based from what I'm seeing (CST). If none of this looks too much like a problem, go ahead and shoot me a pm. I look forward to your character information; mojhs are a lot of fun and the mageblade class is a strong class in a party. I hope it works out

Toad - heh, thanks for the wb. WoW's been the only outlet for me for a while now and it's getting old. I'll be glad to be in the more-open realm of DMing and AE soon!

By the way, a general question for you experts out there. How long does a typical FG game go for? I know my tabletops had a habit of going between 3-6 hours, longer on those weekends we just wanted to kill with a bunch of pizza and coke(-a-cola). Anyone have an opinion on the average times using the program?
    -daBadMojo

Let me do a little free-writing on the subject of the campaign to give us something to think about.

It is a time of conflict. It is a time of adventure.

Those are the two themes I'm wanting to go with. Basically, between the Giants' Throne, the Knights of the Axe (a human-led group of assembled small kingdoms that resist the Giant right to rule), the secluded Verrik residing in their majestic cities in the desert, the various "Free Cities" that own allegiance to no one, the return of the Dragons, the reappearance of the "Gods," and the various other races and hidden dangers within the world, this is certainly a time of conflict and adventure.

I'm wanting to explore ideas that are potentially world-changing, with your characters in the forefront almost from day one. Your group will be a force in and of itself, and what it does will have effects on this new world. Will you accept the assumed right of the Giants to continue their stewardship and ally with the Diamond Throne to push the dragons away from what they claim are theirs, or will you aid and lead the Knights in their efforts to recreate the Lands of Old, of Terrakal? Or will you instead take up one of the banners of the Free Cities?

During the course of this campaign you will discover conflicts small and large, between cults bent on spewing forth the demons of Gehenna alongside one of the Dragon Lords to the obsessed mage wishing your utter destruction for a wound whether real or imagined. Your adventures will take you across the lands and under it, through exotic locales where you will see, hear, and taste what others can only imagine. Through your might, your magic, and your intelligence you will find and combat the evils or the good of this world. Which path do you wish to take?

I know, a bit epic and over the top, but that's what's in my head. I'm serious, too - I want you guys to grow in power enough to actually change the world, and I want to throw you in the midst of it at level 1, sort of. I mean, that mage we talked about earlier - what if it was the deranged old man you met and "helped" from your early years?

This is all just free-write mind you, so nothing's set in stone. With this though, tell me more of what you want, your race and class for sure, but goals you might want to accomplish as well. This game isn't going to be railroaded (too much ), and you're free to pick what you choose and as you choose.

The only thing I'd like to see is a certain continuity with group members - why you're together and so on. Instead of me doing it, however, I ran across an idea from another game that interested me and I'd like to try that out here. Basically, I send you a name of another PC and you have to come up with a reason of why you know him and why you're involved with him. Something small, big, crazy, I don't mind as long as you're his friend. Not enemy. Or at least, not openly. Mwahaha- er, ok, I'll be quiet now.

Anyway, start sending me pms on this and I'll get the ball rolling. If you have AE, start with that, and if you have any of the other books I've mentioned in my earliest post, all the better. Have at with what you want!

--------

Character Creation Rules

Any character/class combo works as far as I'm concerned. There are a couple of house rules though.

-Litorans : Replace -2 Wisdom with -2 Intelligence
    -Sibeccai: Replace -2 Intelligence with -2 Wisdom

I use a point-buy system for attributes as follows:

36 points to purchase attributes. You start naturally with an "8" in each attribute.

Score : Cost

8 : 0
    9 : 1
    10 : 2
    11 : 3
    12 : 4
    13 : 6
    14 : 8
    15 : 11
    16 : 14
    17 : 18
    18 : 22
    19 : N/A

This is *before* your race modification

Finally, you have 150 gold for basic equipment and maximum hit points.

--------

Also, for you AE buffs out there, I know that some of my intro material doesn't follow the book strictly. No worries

Well there you go. Talk to me via this post or PM for characters and such. Looking forward to seeing you in
    -daBadMojo

Could you advise where to go for information on character classes and races? I'm sure the rest can be picked up easily enough, but the above will be necessary to get started.

I presume feats and skills are D&D equivalent?

scytale2 - You'll have to reference the actual Arcana Evolved book. Monte Cook (the author) changed the basic rules enough to where he redid the feats, too - so the stuff in the SRD/Core Books won't mesh that well in AE without a little conversion work.

So basically, the one book you *have* to have access to is AE.

Though if someone can tell me, if I purchase the ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, does that include feat descriptions and so on for the players? If that's so, you might be able to wait until I grab that and we actually get online.
    -daBadMojo

daBadMojo - Sent you a PM

AE ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by daBadMojo
    scytale2 - You'll have to reference the actual Arcana Evolved book. Monte Cook (the author) changed the basic rules enough to where he redid the feats, too - so the stuff in the SRD/Core Books won't mesh that well in AE without a little conversion work.

So basically, the one book you *have* to have access to is AE.

Though if someone can tell me, if I purchase the ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, does that include feat descriptions and so on for the players? If that's so, you might be able to wait until I grab that and we actually get online.

Hello, I actually have the ruleset for AE for FG1. It does indeed have feat, class and race descriptions. I have contacted Digital Adventures and they have to rebuild the ruleset from scratch for FG2. I believe the current projected availability for an FG2 compatible ruleset is at least Sept.

By the way, I've PM'ed you "daBadMojo".
    regards,
    QTB

Let me do a player check to see where we are.

Potential Players :

Toadwart
    Habbalah
    QT Barrister
    DevinRI
    tahl_liadon
    scytale2

If you're all committed to play, I'd say we have enough players here to constitute a good-sized group. I'll consider you my core group of players for now and work with who I've listed. Sound good?

I've registered over at Four Ugly Monsters, a website that Toadwart sent to me. It allows the creation of Campaign threads and I noticed a few campaigns I saw here posted there as well, so it looks worthwhile. I'll create an introduction post over there with information regarding the basics of the campaign, some house rules, some links, general PC information from each of you so we can see who we're all working with, and will update you with my starting date for the campaign.

Hope to see you over there and I have to say, it's looking good. I'm psyched about this - just waiting to get my hands on a windows pc and we're off!

*edit* Hey Toadwart, clear your PMs! I need some help figuring out how to create a Forum at Four Ugly Monsters instead of just a topic. When you get this, please help me out!
    Last edited by daBadMojo; July 15th, 2007 at 09:58.
    -daBadMojo

Thread Information