DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Modifying Damage

Some of the Critical Attack modify attacks to be Triple Damage instead of Double Damage and there are a few that list Normal Damage instead of Double Damage. Is there any way to override damage for attacks that register as critical if needed?

G̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶i̶f̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶(̶+̶/̶-̶ ̶s̶y̶m̶b̶o̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶)̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶
    Nvm I checked after work and I was wrong, modifiers only allows you to make it critical or halved.
    Last edited by kaernunnos; April 6th, 2021 at 07:12.

It's kind of funny that it still exists, because it's otherwise never used, but you can actually still set the crit multiplier for a weapon in the damage entry. So you could change that, roll the damage, then change it back.

Personally I've just been having the player roll damage twice when it calls for triple damage. First roll does the double damage crit, second roll does normal damage, thus triple damage.

The problem with roll damage twice is when the target has resistence/weakness, this will be applied twice

You can roll the first damage without a target (by clicking it off with the small button on the modifier box in the bottom left) and then drag the result of the first roll to the modifier box. Then you can enable targeting again and do the second roll. This way all damage will be applied at once. If you have mixed damage types those might be lost in the process however I think.

Likely easier for the GM to just manually modify the applied damage instead of the Modifier box shenanigans, though.

Thread Information