Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

Yes, I did read your answer, and maybe I've misunderstood what you're saying (wouldn't be the first time! ), but I feel like maybe you didn't understand my original point?

If the Forge isn't correctly updating (this has happened to me with Forge extensions more than once) I can delete an extension held in the extensions folder which will then force Forge to update when I update FG. If the extensions are held in the Vault, I can't force Forge to update by removing my local version. I could, maybe, disable the extension in the Forge, update FG, then re-enable the extension in the Forge, and then run FG update again, and maybe that'll do it? I don't know. But it seems much easier to just be able to remove the extension in the extension folder then run FG update once to force a download of hopefully the most recent version.

Cheers,

Simon
    aaah, now I understand your point! Oki, yes, your worries make sense, the re-enable through the forge may indeed help (or simply deleting the vault, but then you need to download everything again ). I never had update problems, but it happens from time to time for some, and when this happens more frequently with you, then I understand why you prefer extensions loaded into the /extensions directory (once the forge listed which extensions where in the vault, now not anymore. Not sure why this changed)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 8th, 2022 at 19:38.

Its slightly more work, but it is possible to identify a specific extension from the vault. At the bottom of the forge page for every entry, it gives the UUID. This UUID is the name of the .dat file in the vault. For example, here is the Author extension.

For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    As a note: The version of an extension in the /extensions directory always overwrites any other version of the same extension in the /vault directory Hence, your observation; the update probably still worked, but your version in the /extensions directory always overwrote it Hence, the best is to clean your extensions directory of such things (maybe just clean it completely and run a new download; but then make sure that you still keep copies of extensions not coming with an update)
    Hmm... How would this apply in my case (newly added ext, first time installation, so no 'older' version was on the drive beforehand?
    I even deleted the vault copy, doublechecked the extensions folder and re-updated, and still get the error message

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Hmm... How would this apply in my case (newly added ext, first time installation, so no 'older' version was on the drive beforehand?
    I even deleted the vault copy, doublechecked the extensions folder and re-updated, and still get the error message
    The error you wrote about was some error in the console, so, may be then an error with the version on the forge itself such that the dev needs to update it

Hi

I just installed 5E - Expanded NPCs and im receiving the following console error

[1/8/2022 3:49:35 PM] [ERROR] Extension Info Load (5E - Expanded NPCs): The 'name' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'properties'. Line 12, position 4.

Individual FG Mail message sent before i found this thread but thought id also post here incase others are also having the problem
    regards

Hi ScriedRaven,
    I'm not sure where this goes (House of Healing; 5E Extensions or here) but figured I'd start here as I believe my subscription to this extension on the Forge right before my update may be causing this. If it needs to be moved, please feel free to move it. After subscribing to this on the Forge, I clicked 'check for updates' in FGU and it generated an error message of:

"1/9/2022 1:08:58 PM] [ERROR] Extension Info Load (5E - Expanded NPCs): The 'name' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'properties'. Line 12, position 4."

It seems to be the same message as feelej25 is receiving. I'm assuming it's that specific Extension loading? The update yesterday worked fine but I did just subscribe to this and it's the only thing I can think may have caused it (and it seems to be referencing it in the error message). I've compiled the log also and have the zip file if need be and required...

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dax Doomslayer; January 9th, 2022 at 18:47.

Hi,

I see there was an update for this extension today. Unfortunately after updating it is still throwing an error when I launch FG to the main landing page, not into a campaign:

[ERROR] Extension Info Load (5E - Expanded NPCs): The 'name' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'properties'. Line 12, position 4.

Cheers,

Simon

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring to report the error on launch of FG:
    error.png

Quick fix for that, just edit the tag in the extension.xml on line 7 position 4 "<name>5E - Expanded NPCs</name>", and it should work.

I want to second what @Desccan said. I also just added this extension (looks sweet) for the first time and I also got the error. I found the extension (5E - Expanded NPCs.ext) in my extension folder and extracted extension.xml to my desktop to edit.
    Edit line 7,add the missing "<' in front of /name>, from this
    <name>5E - Expanded NPCs/name>
    to
    <name>5E - Expanded NPCs</name>

Save extension.xml and put it back into the "5E - Expanded NPCs.ext" file, update FG and you should be all set.
    FG:Classic/Unity Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information