5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    If you are able to make these extensions compatible, for me (and I suspect for many others) would be a win-win situation.

Keep up the good work, both of you!
    I just randomly saw this and liked what I saw and am willing to tell people who ask what I do if they want to see if something can be done. But really, EXTENSIONS = RISK. Write your own for full control, or look to free ones (this one), and ONLY after you've exhausted all other possibilities should you look for paid. This one looks good - and its free - should be first on your list of priorities. But nobody will be able to prevent FGU or other extensions busting you - its the RISK with them.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Ok, I have started playing around with this extension but a full array of errors keep popping out.

It is probably due to conflict with other extensions (I have a bit).

Attachment 45495

I'll try to deactivate the other extensions and see what happens.

UPDATE: Even with the other extensions deactivated, errors keep popping out. (FGU 4.0.10, D&D 5E)
    Are you using an NPC straight out of the Monster Manual? You need to create a copy of it if the lock icon is red. Additionally you need to add a proficiency bonus to it before using the actions tab

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Still, that does not remove the power of your stuff here at least from a reading of page 1 of your thread. I'd not let anyone be dissuaded from using this thing simply because we have some conflict in the drop code. If you want to PM privately I'm sure I can describe what I do. Gist is always attempt to call the original code and do yours before or after that code if at all possible. I tend to only use my stuff as I'm a control freak when it comes to what is going on in my own games but this looks VERY nice. And losing the ability to drop an item into NPC main page and add it into inventory is trivial thing to sacrifice when considering using this or not. IMHO.
    Ultimately with the last change I made the limit is that you can't add an item to the CT, but now the actions tab auto-populates with any weapons in the inventory, so I don't feel the need to mess with it. At this point it's probably not worth keeping in the conflicts section, or I should just call it a minor conflict, because it doesn't limit any major functions of the extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    Are you using an NPC straight out of the Monster Manual? You need to create a copy of it if the lock icon is red. Additionally you need to add a proficiency bonus to it before using the actions tab
    I copied the MM version of the Aarakrokka (not sure the name is correct) but yes, I totally forgot to add the proficiency bonus. I'll try to do that!

I tried to add a way for it to read the ac from armor equipped, but I wasn't easily able to get attack rolls to recognize it (I have ideas, but they go beyond the scope of this extension, and I didn't even add an inventory tab). However I did get it to produce a second ac tab that recognizes the armor, and made it so you can edit the ac without having to unlock the npc sheet. Let me know if it'd be an alternate version that some people might want.

AC.png

I like this extension but it looks like it removes the effect features section that the Advance Effects ext adds. Is there a way to get that to return in this extension? Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I like this extension but it looks like it removes the effect features section that the Advance Effects ext adds. Is there a way to get that to return in this extension? Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)
    I see it on my end, are you using V2.1? I at one point had messed up and broke compatibility with a couple different things (Advanced Effects, Death Indicators, and Map Parcels), and didn't notice until today, but was able to fix it.

Yep. Missed that update. I had 2.0...now using 2.1 and all is good. Thanks!

Update:
    Proficiency modifier defaults to zero
    Actions tab is the only one that remains, the rest were converted into button that can be found on the actions tab

So page 1 has:
    4/12/2021: V3.0: Moved tabs into buttons on actions tabs. Proficiency modifier now defaults to zero
    Attached Files Attached Files
    File Type: ext 5E - Expanded NPCs.ext (46.2 KB, 0 views)
    File Type: ext 5E - Expanded NPCs - v2.2.ext (14.3 KB, 1 views)

I am not seeing v3.0?

Thread Information