DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

I see there was an update for this extension today. Unfortunately after updating it is still throwing an error when I launch FG to the main landing page, not into a campaign:

[ERROR] Extension Info Load (5E - Expanded NPCs): The 'name' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'properties'. Line 12, position 4.

Cheers,

Simon
    Yeah, sorry I've been quiet, I got the messages that there was an error while I was busy so I couldn't open the forums, so I didn't realize there was a discussion going on here. It takes a while before it lets me update the builds (might just be that I've barely used it, idk), anyways I set the new build to live, so you (probably) won't get any more error messages.

Also I found the vault/not vault option, and changed both this and Floating Tabs over so people can edit stuff on their end. I personally use my own naming convention, so I like having access to it

Updated tab theming, added header, and created Identity Tab. I also realized I had the one on Forge and here reversed from Floating Tabs, so I changed it to match.

I tried to make these pinnable as well, but I never got it to work. I was able to pin a PC tab using it, so that's a thing

Not sure if it has been reported or if this extension is still active, but it is incompatible with Kingdoms and Warfare as the NPCs gain a powers tab for armies.

I "bought" this on the Forge because it looks great, but it's not showing up in my Extension Load options (unless it has some name I am not recognizing). Is it still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrohst View Post
    Not sure if it has been reported or if this extension is still active, but it is incompatible with Kingdoms and Warfare as the NPCs gain a powers tab for armies.
    I don't use that extension, so I hadn't noticed. That's on the Kingdom's and Warfare extension. I'll try and look into it when I get some more time

Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    I "bought" this on the Forge because it looks great, but it's not showing up in my Extension Load options (unless it has some name I am not recognizing). Is it still a thing?
    It should show up as "5E - Expanded NPCs"

Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    You may have to update before it appears in your extension list. Cheers!

I don't know if this is a bug precisely, but perhaps more of a quality of life improvement suggestion.

When I was making an NPC and adding spells to them via the actions tab this extension provides, I noticed that the "base" ability information for the NPC's spellcasting to determine it's to hit bonuses or spell save DC isn't pulling from the spell action group settings, the way it would for a PC on their character sheet.

I later found that it's pulling from the "spellcasting" trait that shows up on the main tab of the NPC's action tab so I'm currently coding it that way in order to make it work properly, but it would be nice if you could just code it into the spell's group setting like you do with a PC's sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    When I was making an NPC and adding spells to them via the actions tab this extension provides, I noticed that the "base" ability information for the NPC's spellcasting to determine it's to hit bonuses or spell save DC isn't pulling from the spell action group settings, the way it would for a PC on their character sheet.
    The thing is what this extension does is just rip the actions page from the PC Sheet, and shove it into the NPC sheet, so I as far as I can figure that should be how it works. I don't know why it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    The thing is what this extension does is just rip the actions page from the PC Sheet, and shove it into the NPC sheet, so I as far as I can figure that should be how it works. I don't know why it doesn't.
    Probably something to do with the code for NPC's that grabs that information from the "spellcasting" trait on their main tab taking precedence maybe.

Thread Information