STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi ScriedRaven, how do I change the NPC proficiency now? It seems to be fixed to 0. Is that intended or not?
    You have to unlock the sheet, the close and reopen it, then you can change it. For some reason if it wasn't on the main tab it'd require cycling the page.

Just found this and this is awesome, thanks.
    This able to go up on the forge?

Hi, I just got this throuh thre Forge, and after te Updste when starting FG, even before I get to load a campsign (i.e., on the main menu) I get an error messae in the console:
    [1/8/2022 9:33:33 AM] [ERROR] Extension Info Load (5E - Expanded NPCs): The 'name' start tag on line 7 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'properties'. Line 12, position 4.
    In addition the link in the Forge leads to a 'does not exist' page, I had to search for Expanded NPCs in the forum.

Hi,

I'm also seeing this issue. I have been using this (and your Floating Tabs extension) via the forum thread first post for several months, very happily. Yesterday I decided to take advantage of the Forge's automated updates and subscribed there. I deleted both forum sourced extensions from the extensions folder and updated FGU. On next launch of FG (not even a campaign, although it presents there as well) this error presented. I then noticed that the Forge sourced extensions weren't showing in my extensions folder. Thinking that the FG update hadn't worked I tried updating several more times to no avail. Eventually I added back the deleted forum versions and the error went away.

Cheers,

Simon

This extension is stored in the Vault now, so that's why you won't see it in your extension folder. That being said, the new Vault stored extension from the Forge is giving me the same error upon launch of FGU.

Hi,

I thought that might be the case. Would you consider changing it to live in the extensions folder? The main reason for this is that I've had occasional instances where the only way I could get the Forge to update an extension was to first delete it from the extensions folder. If it is in the Vault this won't be possible.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    This extension is stored in the Vault now, so that's why you won't see it in your extension folder. That being said, the new Vault stored extension from the Forge is giving me the same error upon launch of FGU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

I thought that might be the case. Would you consider changing it to live in the extensions folder? The main reason for this is that I've had occasional instances where the only way I could get the Forge to update an extension was to first delete it from the extensions folder. If it is in the Vault this won't be possible.

Cheers,

Simon
    As a note: The version of an extension in the /extensions directory always overwrites any other version of the same extension in the /vault directory Hence, your observation; the update probably still worked, but your version in the /extensions directory always overwrote it Hence, the best is to clean your extensions directory of such things (maybe just clean it completely and run a new download; but then make sure that you still keep copies of extensions not coming with an update)

Hi,

unfortunately, as I don't yet have confidence in consistency of the Forge's updating, I'm going to have to stop using the Forge versions as I have no ability to force an update. Ah well, I'll just have to keep up to date with checking the forum thread. No worries.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

unfortunately, as I don't yet have confidence in consistency of the Forge's updating, I'm going to have to stop using the Forge versions as I have no ability to force an update. Ah well, I'll just have to keep up to date with checking the forum thread. No worries.

Cheers,

Simon
    Did you read my answer above? Or do you mean that you prefer seeing your extensions in the /extensions directory to check whether the extensions are truly there? You can easily check whether the vault one downloaded by checking whether you can load the extension before starting the campaign (but to make this work it is important that there is version of the extension in the /extensions directory, as explained above)

Hi,

Yes, I did read your answer, and maybe I've misunderstood what you're saying (wouldn't be the first time! ), but I feel like maybe you didn't understand my original point?

If the Forge isn't correctly updating (this has happened to me with Forge extensions more than once) I can delete an extension held in the extensions folder which will then force Forge to update when I update FG. If the extensions are held in the Vault, I can't force Forge to update by removing my local version. I could, maybe, disable the extension in the Forge, update FG, then re-enable the extension in the Forge, and then run FG update again, and maybe that'll do it? I don't know. But it seems much easier to just be able to remove the extension in the extension folder then run FG update once to force a download of hopefully the most recent version.

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Ludd_G; January 8th, 2022 at 19:24.

Thread Information