STAR TREK 2d20

Separating Race and Class

Hi everyone. I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to separate race from class for DCC in Fantasy Grounds. I'd also like to add some new custom races (e.g., half-orc). I'm currently thinking of just adding the new races to the Occupations table (e.g., half-orc navigator). Do people have other suggestions? Maybe create a "Race" table and then an "Occupation" table that doesn't include race details? Is it possible to create an extension to add in "Race" on the character sheet? Thanks for your thoughts.

Races can be modified by copying the "class"; open the Classes window, left click a class and drag & drop it back into the Classes window. You can then unlock this instance of the class and see how it's put together. There maybe some abilities that aren't part of the core rules but you can often create them using effects. There is probably more stuff you can do in this regard. I suggest taking a DM103 class through Fantasy Grounds College. That can help you learn how to do homebrew stuff.

Blog Entries
    Hi kleinksw,

One of my recent updates added a Race field to the Notes tab of the char sheet. I think it hits the Live channel tomorrow (Apr 6 2021) if it hasn't already. You can drag-and-drop features from the class records onto the Abilities tab of your character sheet if you want to borrow racial features. Features can also be dragged from one class record to another if you are creating a custom class and want to borrow features from existing classes without retyping everything.

Hope that helps...

Thanks guys! I’ll play around with the suggestions and see what works best.

Thread Information