STAR TREK 2d20

Dynamic Lighting Lag 4/3/21

So while running Pathfinder 1, Mummy's Mask AP 1, The Tomb of Akhentepi with the latest update for Test v4.1.0 via a wireless LAN (all players and GM in same room) we had no issues until one of the players cast light on each of the players' held items (I added the effect LIGHT: 20 torch) after that the program on the players' ends (all 4) began to lag so bad that I couldn't unshare the map to try to fix the issue. I closed the session, then reopened it, and turned off the dynamic lighting. The issues stopped. At the end of the session I asked the players to stay on, I unshared the map, turned dynamic lighting back on, reshared the map. We had no issues, I added the light effect back to the players instant lag to the point of calling it a freeze. We closed the session at that point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also as the GM, I never experienced the Lag issues but was able to watch the players' screens. All of us had our maps snapped to background.

As far as I remember using the maps in the background is currently bugged. Changing the window size seems to 'refresh'/get rid of the issue for some time until the bug kicks back in. Moonwizard said it in another forum post (or in the Discord maybe)

Yeah, I definitely recall there being an issue with lighting and setting maps as background image. They are working on it, but don’t recommend it at the moment.

I just had a player test it with map not locked to background and it still lags to the point of being unplayable. Still using exact same conditions like LAN, same map, etc.

I can duplicate the lag with the steps I describe and in 3 moves - slow - slower - unplayable. That is RAW FGU. That simple. I can also duplicate the blackouts but it takes an extension to do that. Still...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post591932
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information