DICE PACKS BUNDLE

The Secrets of Cats

Hi to everyone,
    After some changes things look much better. Thanks for the update. Issues seemed to be resolved. Thought I would leave this as notice for those who come looking for info. I left the original post below this.

*Hi to everyone.
    Havinc trouble with the module The Secrets of Cats. I am not sure if it is in its entirety. Listed in no particular order.
    1.There is a pregen option in the GM module, but it is blank. Should there be some pregens in there or is that just a out of the way button to add a character. It just adds a blank character sheet when pressed.
    2. Under images and maps there are double listing for Jezzabella, Sable and the Burning Ghost. The double entries are an error I am guessing. Also when you click on the duplicates there is no image. It is not tragic, but it does make the module feel shoddy.
    3. None of the magic skills are listed under skills. Have to make a manual entry and when you do it breaks the aesthetics of the character sheet. Which again is not tragic, but.. Also was confused when reading about Magic Skills ratings and was looking all over the character sheet to find the entries.
    4. Also under extensions when loading the game there is Feature: Blank Skills. No idea what that is for.
    5. On the side bar when clicking on story it would be good if the entries were numbered as to know the correct order.
    6. Also there are mentions in some entries, for example Dealing With the Burning Ghost : Spirits in The Secrets of Cats use approaches from Fate Accelerated Edition rather than skills. See Spirits on page 46 for more details. In the Fate Core Accelerated, grabbed the pdf from Evil Hat, there is no entry. There is no mention of it in the reference manual in the players module and no reference manual at all in the GM module. Would be great to have a link to page entries as things are not listed in pages in the manuals in FGU.

Things just feel so haphazard. The selling point was buy in the afternoon and be playing by evening feels misleading. Unless it meant some other evening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time*
    Last edited by Mortikus; April 15th, 2021 at 15:24. Reason: Changes made

I just opened mine this morning for the first time and I came here looking for help too. I think the rule set needs to be updated? There is no selection for sidebar menu under options. I also noted the same bugs you found. I am going to wager the last update broke it. Its too bad I've been talking it up with my kiddos.

With regard to 4: The "Feature: Blank Skills" extension was to clear the skills list before the Skills list in the Options allowed you to edit the skills for your own Fate games.
    I've sent Smiteworks a fix for the sidebar issue. This should be in the next release of the Fate Core ruleset.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Hi, this is Suzanne, the person who did the conversion of the setting into Fantasy Grounds. Thank you for your feedback, I will get things corrected as quickly as I can. I am sorry for the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikus View Post
    Hi to everyone.
    Havinc trouble with the module The Secrets of Cats. I am not sure if it is in its entirety. Listed in no particular order.
    1.There is a pregen option in the GM module, but it is blank. Should there be some pregens in there or is that just a out of the way button to add a character. It just adds a blank character sheet when pressed.
    This is my error, there are no pregens. When I ran the game as a one shot, I created pregens, but since they weren't official, I removed them. It looks like I missed the stub, sorry.

2. Under images and maps there are double listing for Jezzabella, Sable and the Burning Ghost. The double entries are an error I am guessing. Also when you click on the duplicates there is no image. It is not tragic, but it does make the module feel shoddy.
    I'll get this fixed.

3. None of the magic skills are listed under skills. Have to make a manual entry and when you do it breaks the aesthetics of the character sheet. Which again is not tragic, but.. Also was confused when reading about Magic Skills ratings and was looking all over the character sheet to find the entries.
    4. Also under extensions when loading the game there is Feature: Blank Skills. No idea what that is for.
    These two are related. It is part of the quirks with the Fate Core ruleset in Fantasy Grounds.

The best option is to use an extension to set the default skill list.
    To do this, you need to select an extension that changes the skill list when you create the campaign.
    The Secrets of Cats extension will change the default skill list to match the setting skill list, including the magic skills.
    The Blank Skills extension will change the default skill list to be completely blank. It is included as part of the Fate Core ruleset.

Once the campaign is created, you can edit the default skill list under Options (look for the skills button at the bottom of the window). It might require a reload to get any skills added this way to synch up correctly.
    You can also edit the skills on the character sheet. As you noted, this is ugly and would have to be done for every character.

5. On the side bar when clicking on story it would be good if the entries were numbered as to know the correct order.
    I can do that, I just need to figure out a scheme that works without being too overbearing. I'll get something to work.

6. Also there are mentions in some entries, for example Dealing With the Burning Ghost : Spirits in The Secrets of Cats use approaches from Fate Accelerated Edition rather than skills. See Spirits on page 46 for more details. In the Fate Core Accelerated, grabbed the pdf from Evil Hat, there is no entry. There is no mention of it in the reference manual in the players module and no reference manual at all in the GM module. Would be great to have a link to page entries as things are not listed in pages in the manuals in FGU.
    The page number reference is to the page in The Secrets of Cats book.

The Spirits section is the first entry in the Threats section, which I linked just below the paragraph.

I will change the wording of that sentence to make it less confusing.

The section in the Fate Accelerated book is "How To Do Stuff: Outcomes, Actions, and Approaches." The descriptions of the approaches themselves are on Page 18 of the Fate Accelerated book.

Things just feel so haphazard. The selling point was buy in the afternoon and be playing by evening feels misleading. Unless it meant some other evening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time
    I'm sorry that you are having difficulties. please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Suzanne.
    Thanks for clearing things up. You mention that The Secrets of Cats extension will change the default skill list to match the setting skill list, including the magic skills. But I see no such extension. Only the Feature Blank Skill extension. Please excuse me if I am overlooking this, as I did the spirit threat link. I should have kept reading, but was thrown by the Fate Accelerated sentence. Thanks again for helping out.

The extension should be pushed out soon, if it hasn't been already.

Thread Information