STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you making sure that tokeninstance.setOwner is being called when you switch out the token in your extension?

JPG
    Also I decided to do what I do manually in FGU without extension to see what would happen. So I deleted the druid I had logged in as a player out of combat tracker - and then shared the alcolyte by dragging it to druid portrait. Then I had to turn movement and party vision on to get it to move - at that point the LAG was there when I moved and got worse and worse each time I moved and accepted.

Granted its not the horrors I get - but close enough. I would for sure not center in on extensions. I'm sure they can aggravate whatever is happening but its not them.

Though if there are new ownership requirements that must be applied to tokens I'd recommend having them reapplied every time a player selects a portrait so they can recover missing blackout tokens.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you making sure that tokeninstance.setOwner is being called when you switch out the token in your extension?

JPG
    On the off chance you were onto something that nothing else does I added that in to force the setOwner of the owner of the CT - which should already be done under the hood I'd think or nothing would ever have worked - and... no effect. Same bugs, blackout, lag, etc.

Keep in mind I can duplicate this in PURE FGU - the lag part - simply by sharing the alcolyte in that TEST LIGHT campaign I mailed you guys by dropping it on player portrait and trying to move with movement locked. Slow - slower - unplayable in three easy moves.

Hopefully SW will look at not just the RAW FGU example I provided to duplicate the lag - but also the ability to cause blackouts with an extension that has worked until the middle of last week. Well, still works mostly - but given the things I described earlier. Something that can force the blackout problem without the randomness that people in raw FGU hit would be worth looking at.

My goal today (since I already gave them a way to 100% duplicate the killer lag in 3 moves) is to figure out a code workaround for the blackout for my test game tonight. Right now I'm down to NEVER USE MAP TOKEN LOCKING - or you will die of lag. And also Polymorphism will blackout the player screen - which if you have movement locking off - will be fixable by GM resharing the map (or maybe player closing and opening it from images themselves). Which may let me test tonight. I've warned the pests (that's what I call players - they live to be exterminated for the greater harmony and peace of my NPCs) that if we see problems like we did Saturday in first 10 min we are going to bail.

Also, noticed that in one older project I have that was converted from LIVE - polymorphism will bring up the NPC sheet no problem and bring up the PC sheet when it switches back. But in my TEST LIGHT campaign I see the sheet bringing up the NPC no longer doing it. NO idea why - but figured I'd mention it if it gives some sort of clue to what is going on.

For SW based on Moon Wizard talks...

100% lag duplication demo.

1) Use TEST LIGHT campaign I provided as is. No extensions nothing just bring it up. Leave all defaults as they are in everything except turn Movement and Party Vision ON.
    2) Bring up combat tracker in GM.
    3) Bring up underground ruins map that is expanded out so you see the 3 light sources (all CT stuff is already placed in there).
    4) Bring up test player to attach to TEST LIGHT.
    5) Choose Zoloft the one PC I provide on player side.
    7) GM shares underground ruins map to player.
    8) Drag CT entry link for Alcolyte to player portrait in upper left to share to player. Acolyte sheet should pop up on both player and GM screens.
    9) On player side select Alcolyte and drag token in map some distance.
    10) Approve movement on GM side.
    11) You will see lag.
    12) Move Alcolyte on player side again some distance.
    13) Approve movement on GM side.
    14) You will see horrific lag.
    15) Move Alcolyte on player side again some distance.
    16) Approve movement on GM side.
    17) You will see unplayable lag.

100% blackout duplication demo.

1) Use TEST LIGHT 2 campaign I provided as is. Attach only polymorphism.ext. Leave all the defaults as they are - DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THEM.
    2) Bring up combat tracker in GM.
    3) Bring up underground ruins map that is expanded out so you see the 3 light sources on GM (all CT stuff is already placed in there).
    4) Bring up Eltoora's sheet from CT entry on GM.
    5) Go to actions tab on Eltoora's sheet on GM.
    6) Click the ACTIVE button at top sub window on GM.
    7) You see sheet change - token change to B (bear token) - and CT change on GM.
    8) Click the ACTIVE button on the new bear sheet on GM.
    9) You see the sheet change back - token change to B (bear token) - and CT change on GM.
    10) You can move around the token in either state. That is how it should work on GM and Player.
    11) Bring up test player to attach to TEST LIGHT 2.
    12) Bring up Eltoora as your PC on player side.
    13) Bring up combat tracker on player side.
    14) GM shares underground ruins map to player.
    15) Go to actions tab on Eltoora's sheet on player.
    16) Click the ACTIVE button at top sub window on player. Serious lag I've never seen before sometimes at this point - you have to wait here till you see the new sheet pop up. Weird.
    17) You should see sheet change - token change to B (bear token) - and CT change on player. DO NOT TOUCH THE TOKEN.
    18) Click the ACTIVE button on the new bear sheet on player.
    19) You see the sheet change back - token change to B (bear token) - and CT change on player.
    20) Now from player side - move the token (locking is turned off so it will move with no lag issues).
    21) Go to actions tab on Eltoora's sheet on player.
    22) Click the ACTIVE button at top sub window on player.

BLACKOUT

Token is gone and only resharing the screen will bring it back. Unless you had movement token locking on then your in for a world of hurt. Which is why its off in this demo.

Once TEST LIGHT 2 is messed up I see weird stuff. But starting from the zip I give you for every test will get you to the same point.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 5th, 2021 at 21:10.

Just curious, SilentRuin... do you see the same lag if token movement is unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Just curious, SilentRuin... do you see the same lag if token movement is unlocked?
    I can't duplicate as instantly. But I see it in other places, like if I change druid to bear in my TEST LIGHT 2 blackout duplication campaign I gave them with polymorphism.ext - the change from player side seems to take forever sometimes. Never seen that before. Usually instant.

That has communications between GM and host though so if client side message queue is messing up that is not a shocker. Otherwise, Not really tried to much till today building these tests with token locking off in my lighting tests so don't know.

WOOT! TEST LIGHT 2 Blackout demo issue was found and fixed and will be in next release. Unofficially

Not sure if that fixes all the types of things I saw and can never duplicate but thank you SW for the effort!

Testing of my FGCON16 game tonight with my last map was night and day difference from my Saturday session testing this thread describes. We had no issues.

But... I turned off all map token locking movements.

I made VERY sure we did not delete anything out of combat tracker - with or without lighting - it all just stayed as tombstones when they died.

All the polymorph effects were on creatures the GM controlled.

This 3rd map played nicely without map token locking on.

No shared NPCs.

Fairly open map - no closed in spaces.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 6th, 2021 at 03:42.

Maybe a bit of light on this. We have a laptop in our test group that has HDD that is very very slow. On this computer he gets extreme lag with Light Sources and Dynamic Lighting, when we turn off lighting everything works fine, this was from Last Thursday.

Thread Information