DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Perfect. Thanks IceBear. I guess I can deal with the whole "don't want some cards to be in play" thing, by manually handing them a second card this way.

I haven't really used the Adventure Deck, but I know Doswelk does so maybe he's aware of some "tricks" in that regard. Since it's a bought module I doubt it's editable to remove cards that you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Starr View Post
    Perfect. Thanks IceBear. I guess I can deal with the whole "don't want some cards to be in play" thing, by manually handing them a second card this way.
    If you're not opposed to editing XML, it's possible to make a custom version. Extract the extension and remove the unwanted cards. My campaign is no magic, so I removed all the powers cards this way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post
    If you're not opposed to editing XML, it's possible to make a custom version. Extract the extension and remove the unwanted cards. My campaign is no magic, so I removed all the powers cards this way.
    Ah....I was wondering if it was editable or not. I had just assumed the file was locked like the ruleset. Good to know it's not

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Ah....I was wondering if it was editable or not. I had just assumed the file was locked like the ruleset. Good to know it's not
    I actually misspoke. Writing that comment reminded me I missed one card that came up last session, so I went to take care of that..

It's not an XML file. It's a lua file, called adventuredeck.lua. I turned the cards I wanted removed into comments so they are ignored. This is done by adding two dashes at the start of the line like this.

adventure deck editing.png

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMantle View Post
    I actually misspoke. Writing that comment reminded me I missed one card that came up last session, so I went to take care of that..

It's not an XML file. It's a lua file, called adventuredeck.lua. I turned the cards I wanted removed into comments so they are ignored. This is done by adding two dashes at the start of the line like this.

adventure deck editing.png
    Great info. Thanks!

If you open Library from the right button menu you can select SWADE adventure deck. It lists the documentation on it as well as all the cards in the deck. You can drag the cards (using their buttons) to chat, players, and character sheet Adv Cards tab. You can also single click on the card to have them display in a popup. If shared, the players can view them too. That list is sorted and can be searched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    If you open Library from the right button menu you can select SWADE adventure deck. It lists the documentation on it as well as all the cards in the deck. You can drag the cards (using their buttons) to chat, players, and character sheet Adv Cards tab. You can also single click on the card to have them display in a popup. If shared, the players can view them too. That list is sorted and can be searched.
    Unfortunately the documentation is 9 years out of date. It's never been updated so it only covers Savage Worlds Deluxe on Fantasy Grounds Classic version 2.9. I'm using Unity, but I think the current FGC version 3.3 which changed quite a bit of things from version 2.

Because the documentation is so outdated, it was faster for me to extract the mod and read every file myself to figure out how it works.

I doubt the documentation will ever be updated at this point. They should just remove it from the module.

I get the odd beahviour, that adventure cards don't show correctly for my players.
    I myself as GM can see the images and text of them , but players get either tisted, broken or no image when double klicking the card to enlarge it/view it.

Reinstalling did not fix this issue.

I made an extension for a deadlands campaign but I haven't figured out how to make the associated module so that you can see the larger version of the cards.

Thread Information