Starfinder Playlist

CoreRPG-FATE Core; Changing Vehicle Stats?

I'm looking to run a campaign for FATE Core which uses a 3rd party setting. One of the things that 3rd party setting does is change and add a few stats to vehicles. About the only change it makes is that it doesn't use Weight, but instead uses a Scale modifier. So the "Weight" label would need to be changed to "Scale". It also adds "Armor" and "Crew" values for each vehicle, so I'd need to add labels and input boxes for those. The most important thing it adds, are Stress checkboxes just like those on the the FATE Core Character sheet. Those checkboxes can vary in number form 1 to 4, so an input box like the one on the character sheet that allows for the number of stress checkboxes to be specified, would also need to be added.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to create a FATE Core extension that makes those changes?
    I've read through most of the FATE Core ruleset's string and script files, but I find nothing on vehicles. So that's got me suspecting that the ruleset just uses what's defined in CoreRPG.

Any info or feedback on whether it's possible to create such an extension, would be much appreciated. As well, if it is possible, info on which CoreRPG files I'd need to change would be very helpful.

The Fate Core ruleset doesn't currently customise vehicles.
    To create an extension, the record_vehicle.xml file in the campaign folder would need to be modified. The stress checkboxes could be copied from the main sheet of the character sheet (record_char_main).
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Wow quick reply Valarian! Many thanks for the info; I'll explore those files.

[Edit] Something that crossed my mind since I posted, is that it might be a problem creating editable/checkable Stress checkboxes similar to those on the PC sheet. That came to mind, because the Vehicle sheet is presented to the players as a Read-only form. So I'm thinking it might be a problem having that form provide an editable # of Stress input box and checkable checkboxes. Actually, unlike the character sheet the input box for the number of Stress checkboxes wouldn't need to be editable to the player - could just be set when a vehicle is built.
    Last edited by kronovan; April 1st, 2021 at 18:53.

Thread Information