Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bought New Unity Standard license but had a Classic loaded, where did my purchases go

So I bought Unity Standard in order to get the newer functions and such that the classic lacks. But I have 5e books and mods that are not showing up after I use the new key for the Unity along with my profile name and password to get all my purchased stuff? Can someone tell me what I am doing completely wrong? And no I am not a computer tech or guru. I know only enough to get my self into trouble most times. LOL

Your FG website purchases are linked to your username. If you made purchases elsewhere (e.g. DMs Guild) you'll need to manually transfer those files.

For FG website purchases, make sure you logged in with your FG username and password - and note if it indicates a successful login, then save and run an update. If you've already done this, try again - checking if your login is successful. You must then run an update to get your purchases downloaded.

Additional information here (step 5): https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...+Grounds+Unity
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,
    I went into settings and re-typed my user name and password. I then updated the FGU Standard license and it took a while to upload what seemed like all of my purchases but when I logged into the FG format to set up my campaign from the classic I had set up there were no moduels, not core books. I have nothing there to even start over building my campaign at this time. I don't want to lose my campaign info but if I have to start over then so be it.

I'm confused as to what the base issue is. Are you saying that your campaigns from FG Classic aren't available in FG Unity? If so, that's different from your library modules not being available.

Information on migrating your Classic campaigns to Unity is available here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...rom+FGC+to+FGU

Also, with Unity, keep in mind that the module activation window doesn't show all the modules at once - there are arrow buttons to "scroll" through the pages.

If this is not the issue then please provide a screenshot of the Library -> Module Activation window from within a new 5E campaign created in FG Unity.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,
    My apologies for being vague. I have the issue of buying a new Standard Fantasy Grounds Unity license today. I bought a Fantasy Grounds Classic back in 2019.
    I wanted to just move over all my purchased 5E books and modules. I have tried 2 different times. Once soon after buying the new license with say 10 minutes or so. And then again after reading your first posting of my issue.
    Does that help clarify?
    Lastly I do have a beginnings of a Campaign that I wanted to move over as well but one thing at a time.

You shouldn't have to move over anything manually you bought from Smiteworks. If you have successfully installed FGU standard using the same username you used for FG classic when you run the updater you should download all your purchased modules. Purchased Smitework products are tied to your forum name.

Griogre, I have tried several times now to download my purchased stuff into the Unity. Still have not downloaded anything after 5 tries thus far.
    Last edited by Erik L; April 1st, 2021 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Griogre, I have tried several times now to download my purchased stuff into the Unity. Still have not downloaded anything after 5 tries thus far.
    You don't have to download anything - the update button will download all the content purchased on your account. Have you also entered your unity licence key?

Post some screenshots, might help us figure out what you are doing.

Are you logging into the FG Unity install as "Eric L"? If so, while logged in as Eric L to the FG forums, verify that you can see your purchases in your purchase history here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/myorders.php

If you can see your purchases then please provide a screenshot of the Library -> Module Activation window from within a new 5E campaign created in FG Unity.

EDIT: and please provide a screenshot of the main FGU startup page - showing the version in the top right. If the version number includes "FREE" then your license key hasn't been recognised.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 1st, 2021 at 19:36.

Did you add in your credentials to the NEW unity software? Did you download the new demo and install in a separate directory? UNity is a totally NEW software package. Once you download and install, go into the settings area and put on your credentials, and then update and it should pull in your previous purchased stuff. "Know how to re-sync" your Steam account if applicable might also help. (You might need to refresh if you purchased via Steam.)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...eamAccount.xcp
    Fantasy grounds Load Screen.png

Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; April 1st, 2021 at 19:37.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information