STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I use discrod and the BOT rythm https://rythm.fm/ then I can write !play "Mysterious music" (without quotations) or wahterever name of youtube video with the music I want, players will have to adjust the volume according to their taste
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Me gusta jugar Savage Worlds settings como Rippers y Hell on earth. Call of Cthulhu ed 5 a 7 y DnD 5E.
    Me gusta la musica, soy bajista y tambien la fotografia de boda en Guadalajara donde vivo y trabajo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Eventually it will. FGU is still in its fledgling stages, more things will get added over time.

In the mean time - there are a few ways to integrate Syrinscape into FG (search the forums for Audio Overseer for a start).
    Yea no thanks... two years later, still no music player. This was the final straw and the reason I canceled my subscription and went back to tabletop simulator. If I'm going to have to write software to make the entire system work anyway, I'd rather start from an engine that doesn't look like reheated dog ****... and which has the literal most basic functionality in a "music player" built in.

Quote Originally Posted by drownedcreation View Post
    Yea no thanks... two years later, still no music player. This was the final straw and the reason I canceled my subscription and went back to tabletop simulator. If I'm going to have to write software to make the entire system work anyway, I'd rather start from an engine that doesn't look like reheated dog ****... and which has the literal most basic functionality in a "music player" built in.
    Pity, since sound integration is in the next update which is TEST right now.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Doesn't feel like a pity to me. My TTS setup absolutely crushes with all the mods I've downloaded and written, alongside the "sound integration" working in PRODUCTION.

Capture.jpgCapture2.jpg

Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0 now includes sound control, integrating with Syrinscape…

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Fantasy-Grounds-v4-4-0 now includes sound control, integrating with Syrinscape…
    This is only slightly less terrible. It's absurd to not be able to choose an mp3 and hit the play button.

This is only slightly less terrible. It's absurd to not be able to choose an mp3 and hit the play button.
    You can also upload files, but I think what has been done with the sound context and linking to different elements, like stories and NPC types is pretty impressive. Much more powerful than other systems I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    You can also upload files, but I think what has been done with the sound context and linking to different elements, like stories and NPC types is pretty impressive. Much more powerful than other systems I’ve seen.
    Theoretically, sure. But practically speaking, no one is using that. Some minority will try it out once or twice and then forget about it because of the time- and cost-prohibitiveness of the solution. Not having the ability to press a button and "play music" this many years later is beyond ridiculous.

Theoretically, sure. But practically speaking, no one is using that. Some minority will try it out once or twice and then forget about it because of the time- and cost-prohibitiveness of the solution. Not having the ability to press a button and "play music" this many years later is beyond ridiculous.
    I'm not sure what you mean by just 'press a button and play music'. Where is this music coming from? What player is being used? How is this getting to your players? What costs are involved that makes it prohibitive? Have you looked at how sound integration in FG works? Have you tried it? What issues did you find and we may be able to help - assuming that you are really interested of course and not just making posts for the sake of making them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Theoretically, sure. But practically speaking, no one is using that. Some minority will try it out once or twice and then forget about it because of the time- and cost-prohibitiveness of the solution.
    I think you massively underestimate the power, flexibility and ease of the new sound solution - and very much underestimate the amount of people that will use it. I see a lot of people using it, especially with the sound link modules - open a Bugbear NPC (or add it to the CT) and immediately have access to all of the sounds related to that creature - no searching, they're just there in the sound context window. Add a goblin and a spider to the CT and all related sounds are ready to go (see screenshot below). I'm going to be using this all of the time in my FG games and, judging by the fact that the PHB and MM sound links are currently 3rd and 4th in the recent top sellers chart, so will lots of others FG users.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information