STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sharing NPC in 7e

There is a difference between 7e and 6e when it comes to sharing NPCs. 6e only shares the Appear tab (which is the preferred method I believe), while 7e shares the entire NPC, both tabs and stats and everything (hard to keep secrets from players that way). Zacchaeus seems to think that there is a bug in this, but cannot confirm that. I hope there is because I need an NPC to have a public face and a private face, and the 6e way seems to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    There is a difference between 7e and 6e when it comes to sharing NPCs. 6e only shares the Appear tab (which is the preferred method I believe), while 7e shares the entire NPC, both tabs and stats and everything (hard to keep secrets from players that way). Zacchaeus seems to think that there is a bug in this, but cannot confirm that. I hope there is because I need an NPC to have a public face and a private face, and the 6e way seems to achieve that.
    Hi Jeff W, thanks for posting this. I will take a look and see if I can see what’s going on.

I've used the fact that the whole sheet is shared as a handy feature for in-game 'accidents' where a player needs to take over the character. When it comes to sharing the NPC artwork, I will just share the NPCs picture.

I have found the necessay change and can make it work either way, I’ll look if I can make it an option.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    I've used the fact that the whole sheet is shared as a handy feature for in-game 'accidents' where a player needs to take over the character. When it comes to sharing the NPC artwork, I will just share the NPCs picture.
    If you want a player to control an NPC, you can convert the NPC into a PC by dragging it to the Characters dialog box. You can then get the player to pick up the PC.

I can't see a way to make the NPC sharing behaviour dependant on an option, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    I have pushed the fix and it should appear in the TEST channel sometime on Tuesday.

Please take a look and make sure it does not cause any side effects.

Thanks Ian, the dragging NPC records to the Characters panel does work but has an issue with skills. In all these years I never knew you could do that.

It will take whatever skill your NPC has, then adds that skills base value to it. An example would be Persuade which my NPC has 72% in that skill. The base value is 10% for Persuade, so when the NPC is converted the skill ends up at 82%.

Thanks Ian, the dragging NPC records to the Characters panel does work but has an issue with skills. In all these years I never knew you could do that.

It will take whatever skill your NPC has, then adds that skills base value to it. An example would be Persuade which my NPC has 72% in that skill. The base value is 10% for Persuade, so when the NPC is converted the skill ends up at 82%.
    I never noticed that! Thanks for raising it. I will fix it up and push a new change.

Could I make a request please Ian? Would it be possible to get the Dodge value from the NPC Weapon section mapped to the Dodge Skill. Likewise, can we have Unarmed mapped to Fighting (Brawl).

I also noticed the Personal Description box disappeared on converted NPC players. Could that field be populated with the text box content from the NPC Appearance tab?

Could I make a request please Ian? Would it be possible to get the Dodge value from the NPC Weapon section mapped to the Dodge Skill. Likewise, can we have Unarmed mapped to Fighting (Brawl).

I also noticed the Personal Description box disappeared on converted NPC players. Could that field be populated with the text box content from the NPC Appearance tab?
    All good suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

Ian

Thread Information