STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Playing music for players in FG?

Hi guys sorry a noob question but is there an easy way to play atmospheric music for the players in my Fantasy Grounds game? I think I heard Roll20 has a feature and wondering if something similar in FG?? Thanks so much and stay safe.

There are a couple solutions but my personal favorite requires you to purchase RPG Sounds about 15 bucks on steam. You can download your own sounds, music or whatever or buy their soundpacks at about 5 bucks for each set. In addition to this which is why I bought it, was because it will assign you a webaddress in which you can pipe your music what have you through that. All your players need to get is the web address you use for it. You don't have to screw with setting, discord or anything like that. Have fun.
    Aramis. ps. there are other solutions out there but this is the easiest for me.

This comes up all over the place. And for every time it gets asked, at least three different good options get posted hehe.

I personally use Syrinscape, which is a subscription, pay as you go, or even a minimal free service. But the real question is how do you voice chat in your game? Whichever method you use for voice will help decide how you get your players to hear the sounds. Syrinscape has a web player where, as long as your players are logged onto a web page link you send them, you control the sounds coming out of that web page. So they keep that running in the background. No fuss, no muss.

My group have some issues with this, for various hardware (and operator) errors hehe. But we use Discord for our voice chat. So I use Discord Audio Pipe to add a bot to our Discord channel, and it plays whatever I have set to output sound to it, which in this case is my Syrinscape. I used to jump through a lot of extra hoops to do this, but this simplified things immensely. Here is the post with the info..... hope it helps....

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ord-Audio-Pipe
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

I still can't believe that FG doesn't add a music player. Like everyone else! (Foundry, Roll20, Astral). So sad.

I still can't believe Foundry, Roll20, Astral, etc... only offer a shared map and basic token functionality compared to scriptable automations like Fantasy Grounds. So sad.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    I still can't believe Foundry, Roll20, Astral, etc... only offer a shared map and basic token functionality compared to scriptable automations like Fantasy Grounds. So sad.
    The idea is to improve FG, i use it a lot. With that way of thinking, Foundry will continue to gain followers. The automatisms for CoC are the same as those of Roll20. Not to mention smaller systems like Shadows of the demon lord that directly have no presence here (they were broken with updates from FGU and Morecore). Anyway, as a FG user i would like them to add music and sound management.

If someone doesn't like this constructive criticism, don't care...

You can use the AudioOverseer extension that is free. It works either with Syrinscape or with your own local sounds library. You will need to route the audio yo the software you use for speaking (e.g. Discord, Teamspeak...).

If you would like it integrated directly into FG you can post a request there or vote for an existing one https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/.
    Last edited by Naurthoron; April 5th, 2021 at 16:33.

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    Foundry offers scriptable automation btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaith View Post
    I still can't believe that FG doesn't add a music player. Like everyone else! (Foundry, Roll20, Astral). So sad.
    Eventually it will. FGU is still in its fledgling stages, more things will get added over time.

In the mean time - there are a few ways to integrate Syrinscape into FG (search the forums for Audio Overseer for a start).

thanks guys really appreciate the ideas posted here!!!!! You guys rock

Thread Information