FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaith View Post
    I still can't believe that FG doesn't add a music player. Like everyone else! (Foundry, Roll20, Astral). So sad.
    I just don't think it's a high priority since there's so many options for it. I'd rather they put their time into stuff for the games themselves and I can easily use Syrinscape online. They even have Cthulhu packs.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    I just don't think it's a high priority since there's so many options for it. I'd rather they put their time into stuff for the games themselves and I can easily use Syrinscape online. They even have Cthulhu packs.
    Tbh, if it's connected to the user experience, it should always be a priority. Not a "stop whatever you're doing and do this" priority, but at least, somewhere in the roadmap. It's a stupidly simple mechanic which technically would be simpler to use, even on a VTT that already requires a software (like acessibility = 0) to run.

Thinking this way, yea.. there are other user experience improvements to be made.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

There is a road map that we don't get to see. Imagine what these forums would look like if a deadline was missed on a published roadmap?

Sound will come. Obviously everything is super easy to deliver and takes just a flip of a switch, but Smiteworks just pretend it is complex to annoy the user base...

I use this :

https://tabletopaudio.com/film_noir_sp.html

I must say it's very nice and easy just send the streaming link to your player end that's it.

If you can support the author via Donation.
    If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    Foundry offers scriptable automation btw.
    Sort of. I play in a Foundry game and there are some pretty glaring weaknesses compared to FG's automation capabilities.
    Plenty of strengths too, but it's definitely not one sided.

I use Syrinscape https://syrinscape.com/ which can be accessed through your FGU table by purchasing a mod from DrivethroughRPG, https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...pe-Sound-Links.

This of course incurs an additional cost, so a free option is to add a music bot such as Groovy https://groovy.bot/ to play Youtube music videos. It is as easy as drag and drop the url onto the /play command. However, it is worth checking how to set it up correctly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5F6ksPGc0&t=1205s.

As a long time GM on FGC (since 2016) and now FGU, the biggest missing thing now is the possibility to stream music, background music through FGU itself.

I don't need Syrinscape, I just want to stream my spotify music or other music files mp3 or the like.

Some games such as ALIEN RPG would benefit greatly from such a feature.

In one youtube stream David M. of Smiteworks said that they are thinking about it. Are they still thinking about it or Smiteworks is now actively working on the music integration?

All you fellow GMs know that this is the feature we miss. Do you agree?

Workarounds that I have read about streaming music through discord bots, syrinscape online are not very satisfactory for me, unfortunately.
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

No, I don't need music - it's a distraction and adds nothing at all for me. But music - or at least sounds of some kind is on the roadmap from what the devs have said in the past. I think right now there's still a focus on lighting and a few other things (Moon Wizard said in another thread that he's working on text rendering) but I'm reasonably sure that sounds will be the next big item to get released. Exactly what form that'll take is speculation at this stage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I was very much like Zacchaeus, I didn't want or like music in my games (as a DM or player). But as I shifted online because of the pandemic, Dm'ing games with my players, some of them get distracted listening to other music while playing the game. I have noticed when I have sounds and music that changes with the mood / what they are doing, every one of my players are more engaged while they "wait for their turn" in combat, role playing, etc.

It's a challenge though setting up really good soundscapes in Syrinscape and takes some additional preparation, but it's awesome when I describe they see a shadow in the sky, and to roll initiative.. and just then the dragon's roar can be heard through their headphones and the drums of war start beating. :-) So for me, having sounds / music / a little ambiance I have learned to really love it once I opened up to it, and I feel like I am missing something when there is a battle, and there is no battle music.

Neuro - I am with you that there should be a way to play music / sounds in the FG engine itself, but probably a few other things need to be shored up first in the engine / feature set. I hope they will implement something, the problem is that if they do implement something, they have to be careful in how they do it so they don't get into legal problems with becoming a "radio station" by definition of the legal terms of that since it would have to probably stream through their service to the players connected. There are ways to stream YouTube through the discord bot I have in my tutorial post (in my signature) instead of Syrinscape, but it does take setup, and I think it would be excellent if it was built in to the software everyone is already using to connect to the game.

I look forward to the future of Fantasy Grounds now it's in Unity, the sky is the limit now as they are on a solid foundation that can grow with the community. Just a matter funding and their priorities, not technical boundaries anymore.
    My Youtube Channel for Tech and Gaming Tutorials
    Discord Bot for Syrinscape with Kenku Tutorial
    My Website location

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Sort of. I play in a Foundry game and there are some pretty glaring weaknesses compared to FG's automation capabilities.
    Plenty of strengths too, but it's definitely not one sided.
    I will give Foundry credit, it looks smooth. The animated maps and tokens along with ambient sound are all amazing, but yeah the gameplay isn't even close to FG standards, even with a ton of mods added to help with automation. I do love their ability to load a form fillable pdf character sheet and play using that. I think it's called PDFoundry.

Thread Information