FG Spreadshirt Swag

Combat tracker question

So for starters, I'm new to FG but figured out how to use it overall for what we need. When it comes down the combat tracker though I'm at a complete stand still. So friend and myself tested some stuff out, I popped his token into the combat tracker and the xenomorph (testing the combat system). I get that the alien already gets a auto initive number and PC rolls for theirs. Got it. Now, my issue comes into when the alien attacks. I roll a D6 to see what it does but nothing happens. I chulk it up to maybe I need to also roll on the attack and stats section on the CT to have it do its damage. So I click that and it rolls, shows there was a success for the tail spike. Cool. Problem, the PC should have an option to roll for his armor to negate the damage because I should be able to see that on my end for apply but nothing pops up. And if he does it manually, and fails to do so his health doesn't go down like it should. Is the aliens in this not have an auto sequence like the PCs and human NPCs? Like if PC shoots and hits xeno, I have the option to apply and it auto rolls for the xenos armor and end of turn.
    Last edited by ZatcheryBinks; March 31st, 2021 at 14:49. Reason: Spelling

Never mind. Read the ruleset pdf. I guess next question is do they plan on making that automatic when it comes down to monsters?

Hi ZatcheryBinks! Xenomorphs are not automated as NPCs as their monster attacks have mix of narrative and other effects inside, so where applicable the base rolls are made but it is up to the GM to adjudicate what happens. For 2.0 I am moving the xenomorphs to their own library and explore to what extent we can automate the monsters, though it is not straightforward as weapon attacks.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Ok for the auto initiative for the alien. But how can i manage the other initiative (with speed=2) or the other 2 initiative numbers (in case of speed=3)? Or perhaps i misundertood how the initiative is working with speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    Ok for the auto initiative for the alien. But how can i manage the other initiative (with speed=2) or the other 2 initiative numbers (in case of speed=3)? Or perhaps i misundertood how the initiative is working with speed.
    The way I understand it is that speed doesn't play a role on initiative, but is actually how many attacks they get. For example, 2 speed is 2 attacks.

For the additional attack, it's easiest just to make a duplicate of the NPC and slap it in the CT as well. Might wanna keep it hidden so the players don't accidentally target it. It'll get it's own separate initiative, which personally I think adds a dash of realism because the attacks are spaced out.

Sure, duplicating the NPC is actually the best way for multiple attacks. I wish it could be automated in some way though. Thanks @gbhenderson.
    Edit: it is confirmed in the wiki: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...5569/Alien+RPG
    Last edited by Egheal; July 16th, 2021 at 22:11.

Thread Information