STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Core rpg?

Core rpg?

Was exploring FGU and selected CORE RPG and found that I could not load anything from that system when creating a new campaign. What game systems usually require the CORE RPG system.....just trying to learn more about it. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    What is the actual question?
    What are you trying to load?

CoreRPG contains most of the base for all the other rulesets.
    Tables, Party Sheet, Story, Encounters, Character sheets, Combat Tracker etc etc etc

But it has none of the system specific data even down to things like HP and Wounds.
    Almost all the rulesets are layered on top of CoreRPG.
    CoreRPG supplies all the generic framework and tools and the ruleset then provides customised framework and tools and then modules fill in the data.

You can use CoreRPG to play systems that dont have specific rulesets (but I recommend that you try MoreCore for most of them).

Blog Entries
    CoreRPG is generic, and as said, a base for many (all?) other rulesystems. But, just like if you start a Savage Worlds campaign, you won't be able to load a D&D 5E book in it (without the Universal Module Extension). There is no native content for CoreRPG included, because well, what would be included?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Was exploring FGU and selected CORE RPG and found that I could not load anything from that system when creating a new campaign. What game systems usually require the CORE RPG system.....just trying to learn more about it. Thanks!
    CoreRPG is a foundation on which many ruleset are built. For instance, when you load 5E, Traveller, Vampires, etc., they load CoreRPG and then add game specific code on top of it. CoreRPG by itself doesn't really do much. You can, however, create a character sheet for an unsupported game in CoreRPG and build your own ruleset over time. Many suggest using MoreCore over CoreRPG for that sort of endeavour.

Thread Information