DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

All my TEST server campaign lights just went to solid circles of light with update

TEST just updated and all my fixed lighting just changed to solid circles of light even though they say there are flickering and have bright and dim areas - at least they did before now its just solid white light.

Actually that is all lighting I had previously defined is now solid circle of light.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 31st, 2021 at 01:04.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Do you see the same thing with newly defined lights? If not, what are the settings saying for the old light points?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do you see the same thing with newly defined lights? If not, what are the settings saying for the old light points?

JPG
    I am seeing this with new lights too. Just tested

New Torch light added

I think what you are seeing is by design. Are you just talking about how the lights are a bit brighter overall?

Upon request, we brightened the fog-of-war. Therefore, as soon as lights are seen by a token, the FoW plus the light for each pixel is added together which means that it never got darker than the FoW anyway once seen by a token. In order to address the "dark rings" around lights within FoW, we adjusted the lights to fade to the FoW value, instead of zero.

While it is a little different aesthetically; it is more clear where bright and dim areas are; and prevents "bullseye" effects with lights within token FoW.

JPG

BTW, this is something we are still refining, so please consider this a discussion.

Regards,
    JPG

I was talking about the hard edge on the far light circle. Before there was a falloff. You can see the hard edge even where lights overlap.

It's because the lights fade to FoW color; as opposed to black. So, the "hard edge" is just because of the greater contrast.

JPG

Hmm, I feel sorry to say this, but it is now too bright, I think I just tested, and the Fow is in 3.5e nearly indistinguishable from the darkvision. I first thought that it is a bug and that darkvision does not work anymore, but actually it is there, the FoW seems just to be nearly on the same level as darkvision So, when fighting in an area where the players already were (such that FoW appears), it is difficult to see whether something is in range of darkvision now, and maybe also with other visions and lights when they fall off to the FoW value (in case I understood that part correctly) (EDIT: though one can still measure things of course with pointers etc. and tokens change their visibility automatically if I understood correctly, so, maybe not as much of an issue than I think)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 31st, 2021 at 02:06.

Thread Information