DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    GM token view 03-16:

GM token view 03-31:

Player token (pre)view 03-31:
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 3rd, 2021 at 12:03.

So, the solution to please everyone would be to have a Fog of War dimness slider and the dim light circle should be able to recognize that FoW color and automatically blend to the chosen shade of gray selected to avoid hard circles of light or darkness? Maybe the dim light could lighten up proportionally to the fog of war's brightness to adjust to the chosen shade.

Then a toggable option would be needed for dim light superposition since some people seems to think it's useful in certain rulesets?

Personally I would just take the 03-16 GM view for both GM and players. It has distinctive gradations and everything you pay for is visible and discernable (like maps, lighting and CPU/GPU usage). I don't like hardware being (ab)used to either get a mostly black image or not being able to discern differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Personally I would just take the 03-16 GM view for both GM and players. It has distinctive gradations and everything you pay for is visible and discernable (like maps, lighting and CPU/GPU usage). I don't like hardware being (ab)used to either get a mostly black image or not being able to discern differences.
    Hi all, just my two cents...

I agree with Weissrolf. As of now, the difference between dim light and FOW is truly negligible and yesterday I has to "fight" with my players for that. Sure, FGU automatically shows the exposed tokens but, visually speaking, the previous version was way better.

Hope it will be possible to switch back to the previous version.

Oh...happy easter to everyone!
    Last edited by eriktedesco; April 4th, 2021 at 09:52.

I did not like the previous version's player view, though, where FoW was just black on black. I would prefer the previous GM view to be available to both GM and players alike. No use in wasting GPU/CPU cycles to either see nothing or see no distinction.

I think a sepia tone for FOW areas as Griogre had mentioned is well worth trying.

I believe I've seen that effect in past computer games, where a previously revealed area becomes more like a hand-drawn map (ie. sepia in this case) once that area of the map is no longer being viewed live.

Quote Originally Posted by adminwheel3 View Post
    I think a sepia tone for FOW areas as Griogre had mentioned is well worth trying.
    Agreed, I think sepia would look slick.

I used Sepia to cover a mining pit that the PCs knew was there from descriptions (including rough layout), but didn't personally look into yet. Fit quite well.

Thread Information