STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 46 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Yeah, I was already turning everything in FGU off - which I did, I turned off every mod except Equipped Effects.

The same thing happened, same popup error. I tried the belt on another character and got the same thing, so the problem persists across characters. The second character I tested with was a Monk, so all his stuff in DEX based...no errors rolling any of his damage, but I dropped a club on him and when I rolled damage, the error popped up.

So it's strictly related to strength related stuff.

Good to know the .mod's don't affect anything, but I am only using the 2 automatic mods that you can get when you buy your extension and that bundle.

I don't have unity or any related development app loaded on my machine. I do have other unity games though - through Steam and TEG.

I also tested the belt of cloud giant strength with the strength notation removed from the combat tracker section and no error on the damage rolls.

So that leaves the problem being between the Equipped Effects extension and FGU then? I mean, obviously I can work around this issue and adjust character strength directly on the character sheet (which is fine since technically it's the only way encumbrance and other things are affected)...but my concern is that it won't work for some specific kinds of temp ability boons and temp items in the long run.
    "You're just jealous the Voices speak to Me!"

- Ultimate License Holder and long time DM currently running D&D 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos0042 View Post
    Yeah, I was already turning everything in FGU off - which I did, I turned off every mod except Equipped Effects.

The same thing happened, same popup error. I tried the belt on another character and got the same thing, so the problem persists across characters. The second character I tested with was a Monk, so all his stuff in DEX based...no errors rolling any of his damage, but I dropped a club on him and when I rolled damage, the error popped up.

So it's strictly related to strength related stuff.

Good to know the .mod's don't affect anything, but I am only using the 2 automatic mods that you can get when you buy your extension and that bundle.

I don't have unity or any related development app loaded on my machine. I do have other unity games though - through Steam and TEG.

I also tested the belt of cloud giant strength with the strength notation removed from the combat tracker section and no error on the damage rolls.

So that leaves the problem being between the Equipped Effects extension and FGU then? I mean, obviously I can work around this issue and adjust character strength directly on the character sheet (which is fine since technically it's the only way encumbrance and other things are affected)...but my concern is that it won't work for some specific kinds of temp ability boons and temp items in the long run.
    Move it to Equipped Effects thread and give me a simple way to duplicate it.

As if you can duplicate it with just my stuff - its a bug in my stuff. As long as I can duplicate it I can fix it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Will do.

thanks.

Thanks...

and I've also come across another issue that I might might be mod related.

when I attempt to use ANY item that modifies the STR value of a character and I roll a damage value I get this error:

Code:
    [4/28/2021 1:24:53 PM] Campaign saved.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[4/28/2021 1:25:07 PM] [WARNING]  buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (item_header)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[4/28/2021 1:25:13 PM] [WARNING]  buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (power_header)

[4/28/2021 1:26:28 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

[4/28/2021 1:26:57 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

[4/28/2021 1:28:28 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

I remove the item (and it doesn't matter if it's a custom item or like a belt of giant strength, it works without error (and without the strength bonus adjustment).

is this something on my part or maybe a conflict with another extension?
    Just tested with belt of hill giant strength works fine. Now, this is a delicate question so I'm not sure how to phrase it as I'm a blunt type of guy. That item has a note with STR: 21-X where it asks you to replace X. In other words, if my strength is 12 then I have to put in STR: 9 in order to play that game.

Tell me you did this. If not - we are done with this mystery and there is no fix except following the Effects notes directions (as there is no way to do this magically you have to edit these weird ability modifiers the way FGU implements them). Or make your own hardcoded item name with your own hardcoded custom effect for it (which you will have to change anytime their strength changes anyway - no easy solution).

I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too for the sake of showing the issue will be resolved:

Fix in the base code - here's the post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post596937

I posted in the other thread, but I'll post here too for the sake of showing the issue will be resolved:

Fix in the base code - here's the post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post596937
    Your link was broken, but this should be the right one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ht=#post596987
    Luckily it is solved.
    Thanks for letting us know it hadn't anything to do with our product.
    Cheers
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

The PHB has been updated - just FYI - sure Aridhro will get around to officially notifying here about it.

The 5eAE PHB has been updated today. 5eAE DMG follows tomorrow.

Modules are updated to remove descriptions, and in their place, include links back to the FG module. The dungeon master guide and all future products will be consistent with this.
    In order to meet the requirements for data usage by Smiteworks, we had to delete all descriptions in powers and the NPC other tabs. These description were replaced by a linkt to the official Player's Handbook modules distributed by Smiteworks. Thus all info can be obtained by using the link. The only requirement for the user is to own the official product.

Because we thought this was a setback in functionality to you, SilentRuin (and I) decided to expand upon the extension Equipped Effects, so this only would be a minor inconvenience. SilentRuin went beyond this and created a solution so most of you won't notice the difference, if you own the official sourcebooks. For more details please read update v1.20 of Equipped Effects.

The effect notes are still a part of the description as I created those myself, but you will find them after the link or after the translated link description. Mostly it will stick out, but for larger descriptions, e.g. eldritch invocations, you'll have to scroll till you find it.

These changes do not impact the effects in any way.

Thanks for your support.
    Cheers, Aridhro
    Last edited by Aridhro; May 1st, 2021 at 20:36.
    My projects:

50% discount for 5E Automatic Effects Player's Handbook.
    Codes pinned on Grim Press discord #virtual-tabletop channel expire May 31st.
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    The 5eAE PHB has been updated today. 5eAE DMG follows tomorrow.

Modules are updated to remove descriptions, and in their place, include links back to the FG module. The dungeon master guide and all future products will be consistent with this.
    In order to meet the requirements for data usage by Smiteworks, we had to delete all descriptions in powers and the NPC other tabs. These description were replaced by a linkt to the official Player's Handbook modules distributed by Smiteworks. Thus all info can be obtained by using the link. The only requirement for the user is to own the official product.

Because we thought this was a setback in functionality to you, SilentRuin (and I) decided to expand upon the extension Equipped Effects, so this only would be a minor inconvenience. SilentRuin went beyond this and created a solution so most of you won't notice the difference, if you own the official sourcebooks. For more details please read update v1.20 of Equipped Effects.

The effect notes are still a part of the description as I created those myself, but you will find them after the link or after the translated link description. Mostly it will stick out, but for larger descriptions, e.g. eldritch invocations, you'll have to scroll till you find it.

These changes do not impact the effects in any way.

Thanks for your support.
    Cheers, Aridhro
    As promised the 5e Automatic Effects Dungeon Master's Guide has also been updated.
    My projects:

Thread Information