DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 46 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Sorry I'm having difficulty understanding how I am supposed to get weapon and armour effects to work its not in the video. Could you give me a step by step guide say I wanted to create a staff of warning what do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Sorry I'm having difficulty understanding how I am supposed to get weapon and armour effects to work its not in the video. Could you give me a step by step guide say I wanted to create a staff of warning what do I need to do?
    A) if you use equipped effects extension: Equip a "quarterstaff of warning" (the item), as provided in the Dungeon Master's Guide for fantasygounds (from Smite Works). Identify the item and it will show Weapon of Warning; ADVINIT in your combat tracker. If your character isn't on the combat tracker while equipping the item, it wont show the custom effect. The last update of equipped effects (from last night), auto adds the effect + power the moment you drag the player to the combat tracker (if equipped and identified).

Forged items are not (yet) benefitting from the automation. Only items provided in the phb, dmg (and other releases later on) will get custom effects and powers automatically added. The work around for forged items is copying a power / custom effect to your campaign database and renaming it to match your forged item name. If you mean to do this, you can provide me with the details and I work out a tailor-made solution.

B) if you dont use equipped effects extension: Search for Weapon of Warning in Spells (under 5e Automatic Effects Items) and add it to your action tab + activating the € effect on SELF.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

The latest update from equipped effects will make a huge difference to the 5E Automatic Effects Bundle:
    - It will be possible to equip items while not on combat tracker. The minute you add your character to the combat tracker all will be updated!
    - Not only items, but also class features, race traits, feats, will be added automatically. They only need to be present in your ability tab and have a power and/or custom effect in modules or on your campaign db.
    - You don't see them populated in your action tab? No worries. Try to add the character to the combat tracker. See them now. Normally, you should, as it all gets updated the moment you add character to CT, an ability is added in the ability tab or removes it when an ability is deleted.
    - Always wanted to fast prep a level 20 character for a one shot fight against a Tarrasque. No problem: import a Pregenerate Character or make one with the FG Character Wizard, give it some items, if it doesn't already have them and put the character in your combat tracker. It will load all items, class features, race traits, feats, ... who provide a custom effect or a power.

In about one week, 5E Automatic Effects will already provide you with the class features, later on followed by traits and feats, while I'm also working on XGtE and Tasha. Lots to do, but once all is finished, this will be a fantastic tool for players and DMs

Stay tuned and follow our progress on discord https://discord.gg/N7MM93a
    My projects:

Thanks this helps me to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    This will come with the class features which will be part of the PHB. I started with coding them. Barbarian was a good starter ...
    Interested in that, will it be part of the 5e automation bundle ?

BTW ; your stuff needs equiped effect extension to work right ?
    But as far as I can read here, it may disappear someday ?
    Do you have more info ? "The sales for this product in DMsG may soon be deactivated per this post - will let you know when that happens and when it finds a new home."

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbotorm View Post
    BTW ; your stuff needs equiped effect extension to work right ?
    But as far as I can read here, it may disappear someday ?
    Do you have more info ? "The sales for this product in DMsG may soon be deactivated per this post - will let you know when that happens and when it finds a new home."
    Basically it will never disappear from DMsG if you already own it - will just disappear from sale. I'm not going to rehash the entire drama of all that the links are there to read if you want. But no, equipped effect extension is NOT required if you want to do everything with his data manually. It's simply designed to work with equipped effects. If you like having no extensions (and no RISK) then for sure you can just drag data into your charsheets like normal yourself. EXTENSIONS = RISK - any extension - if you are willing to accept that - enjoy extensions! If not, stay far away from them.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

It is even better, it will be an simple update of the phb book. No need for an extra module in the bundle. It will contain ca 360 class feature powers extra soon for all who own it.
    My projects:

Equipped effects automates it. But the bundles can be used as stand-alone (see instructions post #2). Sales of equipped effects may chance platform in the future, but doesnt mean it will stop being supported.
    My projects:

Thanks both for the quick answers, it helps

Thread Information