DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 46 First ... 293738394041 ... Last
    My point was EE is working perfectly and the mod it's picking is 5eAE, which doesn't pull the spell tokens using B9 Spell Tokens.

They don't want to use basic spell coding (which B9 uses) they want to use 5eAE. See how this really is not an issue with EE or mod priority? Mod Priority and EE is working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Red View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so I'm just going to toss it here and see if anyone has any thoughts...My issue involves spells and such on NPCs, using Equipped Effects (EE), Automatic Effects (AE), and B9's Spell Tokens (ST).

When I have all 3 going and Module Priority in EE set to **On** the spell tokens don't populate to the CT for NPCs. If I turn off Module Priority the spell tokens populate, but I don't get the AE efects for the spells. (Abjurer Wizard 1 and 2)
    Attachment 55567

If I don't load Equipped Effects and just have AE loaded, the NPC spells don't parse correctly at all with AE loaded. (Abjurer Wizard 3 and 4).
    Attachment 55568

Interestingly enough with EE and ST loaded the spell descriptions that are linked to the NPC on the CT are the descriptions from the PHB. Whereas without ST loaded the NPC spells on the CT link to the AE descriptions instead. Also, as far as I can see there is no difference in the parsing whether Module Priority is turned on or off. (Aburer Wizard 5 and 6).
    Attachment 55569

Note that all I have loaded, at most, is Equipped Effects and Spell Tokens, and the only modules I loaded were the PHB and Monsters of the Multiverse, along with their corresponding AE modules.
    This doesn't have anything to do with EE Alexander Red, you can check this by making a local copy of 5eAE effect unload 5eAE and see it will cause the same issue and unload EE ext.

The issue is that when using 5eAE with B9 Spell tokens, B9 Spell doesnt tokens pull in the tokens.

I think Branch9 and Aridhro would need to talk to get it worked out on how to make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This doesn't have anything to do with EE Alexander Red, you can check this by making a local copy of 5eAE effect unload 5eAE and see it will cause the same issue and unload EE ext.

The issue is that when using 5eAE with B9 Spell tokens, B9 Spell doesnt tokens pull in the tokens.

I think Branch9 and Aridhro would need to talk to get it worked out on how to make this work.
    Per my redaction above - I'm an idiot. Ignore my commentary as per the redaction.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

As I said, I wasn't quite sure where to post this. I'm going to post on the thread for Spell Tokens and link back here.

I am curious though, why is it that with Spell Tokens loaded the linked spell descriptions are from the PHB (even with the module priority on and set as recommended by AE), whereas without ST they are the descriptions from the AE effects?

EDIT: Also, a couple other things of note. This certainly appears to be an interaction between both extensions (Equipped Effects and B9 Spell Tokens) and 5eAE. With just 5eAE and B9ST going the spell tokens pull in to the CT just fine, it just doesn't parse spells correctly. But this is an issue that 5eAE has anyway if EE isn't loaded, it doesn't parse the correct spell descriptions. That's an entirely other annoyance, that I am literally forced to use another extension that I don't really want to make the 5eAE products work correctly. But, whatever. I just want all 3 to play nice together.
    Last edited by Lexi the Red; December 30th, 2022 at 17:28.

As I said, I wasn't quite sure where to post this. I'm going to post on the thread for Spell Tokens and link back here.

I am curious though, why is it that with Spell Tokens loaded the linked spell descriptions are from the PHB (even with the module priority on and set as recommended by AE), whereas without ST they are the descriptions from the AE effects?
    I assume because ST replaces those. EE had to specially derive them based on module priority etc. which no other code likely uses.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I assume because ST replaces those. EE had to specially derive them based on module priority etc. which no other code likely uses.
    I don't think so. I'm no expert, but all ST does is add tokens based on spell names. Without EE loaded but while using 5eAE the spell tokens populate correctly. With EE loaded but with module priority turned off the spell tokens populate correctly.

But please notice that with EE loaded, module priority turned on, 5eAE turned on and priority set to 1, and ST loaded the spell tokens do not populate correctly, the 5eAE parsing appears for the NPC, but the linked description is still from the PHB rather than from 5eAE.

I don't think so. I'm no expert, but all ST does is add tokens based on spell names. Without EE loaded but while using 5eAE the spell tokens populate correctly. With EE loaded but with module priority turned off the spell tokens populate correctly.

But please notice that with EE loaded, module priority turned on, 5eAE turned on and priority set to 1, and ST loaded the spell tokens do not populate correctly, the 5eAE parsing appears for the NPC, but the linked description is still from the PHB rather than from 5eAE.
    If you use EE and 5eAE and it works for correct link (which EE loads) - and then use ST in the mix and it does not have correct link. Pretty sure that's a sign its changing something - codewise.

I just updated the Rage and Frenzy effect for barbarians, to work better with automated exhaustion (and stacking)

I use BCEG and EE.

Here is my code.

$ Rage; ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2, melee; RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing; IF: CUSTOM(Frenzy); EXPIREADD: EXHAUSTION

Essentially, when Rage Expires and FRENZY is active, it will automatically apply and stack exhaustion.

I use an automated exhaustion extension, and the problem is that as soon as you activate Rage && Frenzy at the beginning of the round, that extension kicks in, and applies all the penalties...before it should (Rage End)

So my question is simple..

Is there a way for me to modify the hardcoded effects from these extensions, so that I don't loose them if I switch games.

I'm aware that I can create a custom effect, and export it.. but I was very curious where these hardcoded effects are defined?

If I examine Rage in 'spells', I do not see anywhere were the base effect code is defined... only stats/descriptions/tables.

If i can't override things that I tweak, the next best thing would be to create a copy of an ability/spell, ect.. and define the code in there... however, outside of the character sheet, I see nowhere we're this is defined

In a perfect world, I'd want to be able to define these effects as part of the card. E.G. Rage card, somewhere in there is the effects code to add when i drag and drop this into a sheet.

Where is the code defined?

Would really like to work on some of these abilities, traits, spells - beef up some of the code, also write my own homebrew.. but I don't know where to define it other than right in the character sheet.

When I drop a spell into the sheet, obviously its pulling in that code from somewhere
    Screenshot 2023-01-04 190724.jpg
    Last edited by spencerg; January 5th, 2023 at 03:11.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    I just updated the Rage and Frenzy effect for barbarians, to work better with automated exhaustion (and stacking)

I use BCEG and EE.

Here is my code.

$ Rage; ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2, melee; RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing; IF: CUSTOM(Frenzy); EXPIREADD: EXHAUSTION

Essentially, when Rage Expires and FRENZY is active, it will automatically apply and stack exhaustion.

I use an automated exhaustion extension, and the problem is that as soon as you activate Rage && Frenzy at the beginning of the round, that extension kicks in, and applies all the penalties...before it should (Rage End)

So my question is simple..

Is there a way for me to modify the hardcoded effects from these extensions, so that I don't loose them if I switch games.

I'm aware that I can create a custom effect, and export it.. but I was very curious where these hardcoded effects are defined?

If I examine Rage in 'spells', I do not see anywhere were the base effect code is defined... only stats/descriptions/tables.

If i can't override things that I tweak, the next best thing would be to create a copy of an ability/spell, ect.. and define the code in there... however, outside of the character sheet, I see nowhere we're this is defined

In a perfect world, I'd want to be able to define these effects as part of the card. E.G. Rage card, somewhere in there is the effects code to add when i drag and drop this into a sheet.

Where is the code defined?

Would really like to work on some of these abilities, traits, spells - beef up some of the code, also write my own homebrew.. but I don't know where to define it other than right in the character sheet.

When I drop a spell into the sheet, obviously its pulling in that code from somewhere
    Screenshot 2023-01-04 190724.jpg
    If you use AE5E then you know its pulling that rage from there. EE will match the name and pull a spell/power and custom effect if it finds any. As you have AE5E it will probably have those defined. If you make your own match in the local DB it will likely use that match instead as local DB entries get found first - then alphabetical order of modules (unless you've unloaded or loaded some then that is out the window) or module priority if in use and set.

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm definitely confused, missing a piece of the puzzle here, so I'll break it down alittle more.

Lets us Rage as an example.

Rage, via Automatic Effects, has a card - you can find it in spells.

It doesnt have a custom effect defined in the custom effects u.i.

The Card for rage has all the information regarding rage, as per PHB, ect.

When I drop this card into the character sheet, it 'somehow' pulls in code.

Where is that code defined? Is it parsing the text of the card and building the effect dynamically? That's some pretty insane string parsing if thats the case. If not, its got to be defined somewhere, I just cant find it.

The only thing i can do, is modify the effect inline, once it hits the character sheet and propagates.

What I'd like to do, is go to the source itself, and change it. So that when my players drag rage onto their sheet, it uses my version.

Also, when you say local DB, you're referring to the database for custom effects - which I can import/export.

While it would be great to be able to modify AE version of Rage, so that when i drop a new character onto the CT, it would add the correct version of Rage... I'm more interested in having a Card I defined, or a module i make, that has my version of it.. so I can always just drop that sucker right on the sheet, rather than having to manually type it in everytime I bust something.

Sorry for somewhat rambling post, but I'm definitely missing a piece of the puzzle of how all this works.

Again, where is the EFFECTS code for Rage coming from, where is it defined. Image attached.

My guess... the module has these all hardcoded behind the scenes, or its a text parser...which i find insane.

I guess I was expecting to open the card for Rage...and see a textarea in which I could drop EFFECTS code.

Thank you again chief!Screenshot 2023-01-04 190724.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-04 190724s.jpg
    Last edited by spencerg; January 5th, 2023 at 04:34.

Thread Information