STAR TREK 2d20
Page 38 of 46 First ... 283637383940 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Usually in AE 5e modules things with the same name that differ by class have different names defining them (if they don't then that may be a bug in the module for Aridhro to resolve). For example, multiattack has a lot of class specific features that do different things but are named the same. So when Equipped effects looks up the "multiattack" spell/power to resolve it it will find the correct one by appending a "_class" in its search (does this for other things like NPCs also). Below is a search of multiattack_ in my spell lists to show what I'm talking about.

Attachment 55086

So - I don't have tasha's but if you look up "soul Knife" (what you said was common name) then you should see a "soul Knife_fighter" and "soul Knife_rogue" or something like that in your spell lists just like for my search of multiattack (as many classes and NPCs have this defined with different meanings). If you don't see something like that - then you can ask Aridhro what's up with that as it will find first come first server in that module.

[as a workaround you can simply rename it in your local to something unique for both and use that in your abilities name to match that spell/power]
    The common name is actually "Psionic Power", you can see it in the screenshot I attached earlier ("Soul Knife" is the Rogue subclass, while "Psi Warrior" is the Fighter subclass - both subclasses have a class feature called "Psionic Power").

I've done the search as you suggested and, indeed, I see the two powers don't have the _class suffixes:

Screenshot 2022-11-11 153740.png
    I've opened the two powers to the left, highlighting in color which description matches with which power in the Spell window - top one is for the Fighter subclass, bottom one for the Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    The common name is actually "Psionic Power", you can see it in the screenshot I attached earlier ("Soul Knife" is the Rogue subclass, while "Psi Warrior" is the Fighter subclass - both subclasses have a class feature called "Psionic Power").

I've done the search as you suggested and, indeed, I see the two powers don't have the _class suffixes:

Screenshot 2022-11-11 153740.png
    I've opened the two powers to the left, highlighting in color which description matches with which power in the Spell window - top one is for the Fighter subclass, bottom one for the Rogue.
    Looks like a data module bug then as anything with two identical names needs to play that append game if they want them to individually resolve. Try copying the "Psionic Powers" for fighter to your local DB spell list and name it "Psionic Powers_Class_Fighter" - then do same with rogue and name it "Psionic Powers_Class_Rogue". See if they resolve for you then. Otherwise, as this is really a place holder - you'll just have to add the specific powers it contains directly into your action tab on the sheets (because you know which is which).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Looks like a data module bug then as anything with two identical names needs to play that append game if they want them to individually resolve. Try copying the "Psionic Powers" for fighter to your local DB spell list and name it "Psionic Powers_Class_Fighter" - then do same with rogue and name it "Psionic Powers_Class_Rogue". See if they resolve for you then. Otherwise, as this is really a place holder - you'll just have to add the specific powers it contains directly into your action tab on the sheets (because you know which is which).
    The workaround of copying the powers and adding the _classname suffix works, thanks. I've sent a PM to Aridhro with the details and a few links to the posts in this discussion.

The bundle for this is on sale until 28 November for $49.99. By Grabthar's Hammer............................What a Savings.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/352...le-Book-BUNDLE

Is there any word on whether the SpellJammer module for 5E Automatic Effects is in the works? For the new races, specifically

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    Is there any word on whether the SpellJammer module for 5E Automatic Effects is in the works? For the new races, specifically
    We have several campaign settings on our radar, including SpellJammer, but don't have anything concrete on a timeline yet.

Automatic Effects, Equipped Effects, and Spell Tokens - HELP!

I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so I'm just going to toss it here and see if anyone has any thoughts...My issue involves spells and such on NPCs, using Equipped Effects (EE), Automatic Effects (AE), and B9's Spell Tokens (ST).

When I have all 3 going and Module Priority in EE set to **On** the spell tokens don't populate to the CT for NPCs. If I turn off Module Priority the spell tokens populate, but I don't get the AE efects for the spells. (Abjurer Wizard 1 and 2)
    Screen Shot AW1-2.jpg

If I don't load Equipped Effects and just have AE loaded, the NPC spells don't parse correctly at all with AE loaded. (Abjurer Wizard 3 and 4).
    Screen Shot AW3-4.jpg

Interestingly enough with EE and ST loaded the spell descriptions that are linked to the NPC on the CT are the descriptions from the PHB. Whereas without ST loaded the NPC spells on the CT link to the AE descriptions instead. Also, as far as I can see there is no difference in the parsing whether Module Priority is turned on or off. (Aburer Wizard 5 and 6).
    Screen Shot AW5-6.jpg

Note that all I have loaded, at most, is Equipped Effects and Spell Tokens, and the only modules I loaded were the PHB and Monsters of the Multiverse, along with their corresponding AE modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Red View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so I'm just going to toss it here and see if anyone has any thoughts...My issue involves spells and such on NPCs, using Equipped Effects (EE), Automatic Effects (AE), and B9's Spell Tokens (ST).

When I have all 3 going and Module Priority in EE set to **On** the spell tokens don't populate to the CT for NPCs. If I turn off Module Priority the spell tokens populate, but I don't get the AE efects for the spells. (Abjurer Wizard 1 and 2)
    Screen Shot AW1-2.jpg

If I don't load Equipped Effects and just have AE loaded, the NPC spells don't parse correctly at all with AE loaded. (Abjurer Wizard 3 and 4).
    Screen Shot AW3-4.jpg

Interestingly enough with EE and ST loaded the spell descriptions that are linked to the NPC on the CT are the descriptions from the PHB. Whereas without ST loaded the NPC spells on the CT link to the AE descriptions instead. Also, as far as I can see there is no difference in the parsing whether Module Priority is turned on or off. (Aburer Wizard 5 and 6).
    Screen Shot AW5-6.jpg

Note that all I have loaded, at most, is Equipped Effects and Spell Tokens, and the only modules I loaded were the PHB and Monsters of the Multiverse, along with their corresponding AE modules.
    Never used spell tokens - is it compatible (for sure if they don't play nice and call other overrides of PowerManager.parseNPCPower then they will kill any intelligence for CT actions for sure) ? Moodule priority is only going to be respected by EE and AdvantagesCW. I doubt anyone else has it coded. And if there are conflicts - then there are conflicts. You'd have to ask someone who has experience in using all three - just letting you know that you should never expect something else to use module priority unless they code it to do so (unlikely). Plus make sure you have the options set that do that sort of thing in EE.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 29th, 2022 at 00:58.

Its not an EE issue, its a 5eAE issue with Spell Tokens from B9
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Its not an EE issue, its a 5eAE issue with Spell Tokens from B9
    Redacted because I'm an idiot. I could not get over the fact those screen shots did not have the summary at top as that is how I know when the stuff is showing me a AE5E in character wizard and PC actions tab (with advantagesCW) and forgot that the action tab link is a different "sheet" that displays that info differently.

Not sure what the problem is but MrDDT probably knows more than I about it.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 29th, 2022 at 18:18.

Thread Information