FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 46 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowene View Post
    question for Aridhro regarding 5eAE for Xanathar's Guide to Everything, was helping one of my warlock players set up his character and can't seem to locate any of the Eldritch Invocations that are added in Xanathar's, just the original 32. Have all of the modules loaded and don't seem to find them at all. Am I just missing them someplace or are those not added in? I apologize if this was covered somewhere already as my forum searching skills are terrible.
    Good catch Snowene. I have work to do
    Focused on the archetypes, I overlooked the Xanathar option in the warlock feature list.
    I'll try to make these tonight.
    I see the same, some missing and some new invocations in the list. Probably best to make a new list under Eldritch Invocations (Xanathar).
    Thanks for this valuable feedback.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

I just found an issue with the way my Nat20 extension works with effects. Until these Automatic Effects, I always added multiple effects (like damage effects) separately instead of all as one clause. Thanks to this extension, I created a sword with multiple critical damage effects - 1d4 on a normal critical hit, 1d6 on a nat20, and created those effects with one custom effect. That uncovered a bug in the way the Nat20 extension handled multiple "special" criticals in the same effect.

I'm working on a fix and it should be updated in on the forge on the 17th.

So, double thanks! Not only for your awesome mod, but your awesome mod uncovering an error in my Nat 20 extension.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    I just found an issue with the way my Nat20 extension works with effects. Until these Automatic Effects, I always added multiple effects (like damage effects) separately instead of all as one clause. Thanks to this extension, I created a sword with multiple critical damage effects - 1d4 on a normal critical hit, 1d6 on a nat20, and created those effects with one custom effect. That uncovered a bug in the way the Nat20 extension handled multiple "special" criticals in the same effect.

I'm working on a fix and it should be updated in on the forge on the 17th.

So, double thanks! Not only for your awesome mod, but your awesome mod uncovering an error in my Nat 20 extension.
    Glad to help
    The moment I start with my 3rd party extension update, I'll contact you. Do you happpen to know where your extension is useful for official 5e features/items? I'm positive I've encountered some features with different damage dices on crit, but can't remember where.
    My projects:

The Nat20 extension adds new "special" critical damage types - "nat20" (for a natural 20), "normalcrit" (for non-nat20 criticals), and "supercrit" (for crits that penetrate crit immune targets).

So, for example, a sword of sharpness only applies extra damage on a natural 20, not a mere critical. Some actors have a crit range of say 18-20, and without the Nat20 extension, a sword of sharpness would apply the extra 14 damage on an 18, 19, or 20 when it is only supposed to apply the 14 damage on a natural 20. So, adding an effect of "DMG: 14 nat20" causes the Nat20 extension to only include that damage if the attack roll was a natural 20.

I don't think there are any official 5E things that would use either "normalcrit" or "supercrit", but they are fun to play around with so I added them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    The Nat20 extension adds new "special" critical damage types - "nat20" (for a natural 20), "normalcrit" (for non-nat20 criticals), and "supercrit" (for crits that penetrate crit immune targets).

So, for example, a sword of sharpness only applies extra damage on a natural 20, not a mere critical. Some actors have a crit range of say 18-20, and without the Nat20 extension, a sword of sharpness would apply the extra 14 damage on an 18, 19, or 20 when it is only supposed to apply the 14 damage on a natural 20. So, adding an effect of "DMG: 14 nat20" causes the Nat20 extension to only include that damage if the attack roll was a natural 20.

I don't think there are any official 5E things that would use either "normalcrit" or "supercrit", but they are fun to play around with so I added them.
    Then that is my first addition to my 'test' 3rd party effects mod. Don't expect anything before the end of this year, as I first need to complete some core books for 5eAE and check the most interesting extensions.
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowene View Post
    question for Aridhro regarding 5eAE for Xanathar's Guide to Everything, was helping one of my warlock players set up his character and can't seem to locate any of the Eldritch Invocations that are added in Xanathar's, just the original 32. Have all of the modules loaded and don't seem to find them at all. Am I just missing them someplace or are those not added in? I apologize if this was covered somewhere already as my forum searching skills are terrible.
    The Eldritch Invocations have been updated for Xanathar and PHB. Find the latest versions on DMsGuild
    My projects:

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, or whether it is a quirk of DMsGuild, but FYI the names of both of these mods now have an underscore before the "S" (ie Players_s_Handbook... and Xanathar_s_Guide...) where as they did not before this update. It's easy enough to rename, but it does mean that if you don't notice it, you will not see the updates if you had the old version activated.

Quote Originally Posted by knorbet77 View Post
    I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, or whether it is a quirk of DMsGuild, but FYI the names of both of these mods now have an underscore before the "S" (ie Players_s_Handbook... and Xanathar_s_Guide...) where as they did not before this update. It's easy enough to rename, but it does mean that if you don't notice it, you will not see the updates if you had the old version activated.
    Thanks for telling. Will look into it
    My projects:

Ignore was doing something wrong
    Last edited by graphil; September 19th, 2021 at 12:37.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by knorbet77 View Post
    The _s have been replaced by 's, like it was before.
    My projects:

Thread Information