FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 46 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Seems a bit like stepping on someone else's toes to me. Rob did all this coding several years ago, and now you come along with the same thing?!?
    If I load Rob's coding and then drag an item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, nothing happens except I have the scroll in my inventory.

If I load up Silent Ruin's extension and Aridhro's coding and drag the same item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, it AUTOMATICALLY adds single-use Fireball spell coding to my Action tab. And the same is true of ANY scroll, ring, rod, staff, weapon, armor, or other item found in the Player's Handbook or Dungeon Master's Guide that needs coding. And they went above-and-beyond and made these ready to work with Lighting FX when those additions get added to LIVE.

So saying that "Rob already did this" is both false and rather ignorant. Watch the video and see what the extension + module does before you say nasty things.

Blog Entries
    I have had Rob2e's effects packages for a long time. His support has been great for years, his packages in general are more complete right now, and I am a happy customer.

However, this is obviously different and I like the direction this is going. I will almost certainly purchase this and give it a try.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thanks to all who support the product in any way.

A new update is already in the making!
    I'm looking into the new darkness light effect from yesterday's FGU 4.1 (Beta) update

I'll post the updates and hotfixes I'm working on on post #3 of this thread. So you all know what to expect.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Hello, This looks Great!!. Ive had Robs effects, and just purchased the 2 books of automatic effects, so just to be clear, all of robs coding package (all 8 modules) are now compiled into the DM and PHB of advanced effects modules, right?

I just want to know if it is safe to unload the robs modules and I wont me missing something.

thnks!

Quote Originally Posted by rtrevino View Post
    Hello, This looks Great!!. Ive had Robs effects, and just purchased the 2 books of automatic effects, so just to be clear, all of robs coding package (all 8 modules) are now compiled into the DM and PHB of advanced effects modules, right?

I just want to know if it is safe to unload the robs modules and I wont me missing something.

thnks!
    First of all, thank you for your support.

You should check yourself if Rob's item packages have items from other books than PHB and DMG. I cannot comment on that, because I do not own them. I decided to do it myself.
    But I can tell what I offer:
    - all items from PHB and DMG
    - all spells and spell scrolls from PHB and DMG
    with all possible effects and the NEW vision and lighting effects which will become available to use in the next FGU update!
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    You should check yourself if Rob's item packages have items from other books than PHB and DMG. I cannot comment on that, because I do not own them. I decided to do it myself.
    But I can tell what I offer:
    - all items from PHB and DMG
    - all spells and spell scrolls from PHB and DMG
    with all possible effects and the NEW vision and lighting effects which will become available to use in the next FGU update!
    And equipped effects can automatically load them and unload them, of course. Always the forgotten Cinderfella (sigh)
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    If I load Rob's coding and then drag an item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, nothing happens except I have the scroll in my inventory.

If I load up Silent Ruin's extension and Aridhro's coding and drag the same item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, it AUTOMATICALLY adds single-use Fireball spell coding to my Action tab. And the same is true of ANY scroll, ring, rod, staff, weapon, armor, or other item found in the Player's Handbook or Dungeon Master's Guide that needs coding. And they went above-and-beyond and made these ready to work with Lighting FX when those additions get added to LIVE.

So saying that "Rob already did this" is both false and rather ignorant. Watch the video and see what the extension + module does before you say nasty things.
    There is also a package that does that with Rob2e coding, think its Mad Nomads extension.

Also, didn't say anything nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    There is also a package that does that with Rob2e coding, think its Mad Nomads extension.

Also, didn't say anything nasty.
    Both you and Rob came into a new products thread and spread misinformation. So yeah, not nasty admittedly. Would I pop in your extension threads to advertise my stuff? Not going to happen. I am happy with competition.

Nor would I claim knowledge I don't have - as if I had it.

On the positive side of things, Congrats to Aridhro on going copper in DMsG under 24 hours
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 31st, 2021 at 20:34.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I think we can all agree that there's more than one way to skin a cat. Shall we just leave it at that please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    And equipped effects can automatically load them and unload them, of course. Always the forgotten Cinderfella (sigh)
    No worries here, Ive had all your extensions but assistant GM for a while now.. awesome work

Thnks!!

Thread Information