FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 46 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by plap3014 View Post
    Hi, quick question, can we create our own and have them load with Equipped Effects Extension?
    Would think this is a question for my thread not Aridhro's, but yes - name matching is name matching regardless of where it comes from.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Would think this is a question for my thread not Aridhro's, but yes - name matching is name matching regardless of where it comes from.
    i'm not sure to who, but i have made a custom item and would like to have loaded:

this one

Searing.png

and this one

sleeper.png

Thanks

i'm not sure to who, but i have made a custom item and would like to have loaded:

this one

Searing.png

and this one

sleeper.png

Thanks
    Nobody is going to load a custom item for you, and the power/effects it needs - that is what "you" do when you make a "custom" item. In your local DB. Just as you would for anything else you do in FGU. Aridhro provides a supplement to WOTC data which can only be licensed into DMsG so that WOTC/SW/DMsG all get their cuts. Its not something you just toss stuff into because people want it in - its very specific .mod.

Nobody is going to load a custom item for you, and the power/effects it needs - that is what "you" do when you make a "custom" item. In your local DB. Just as you would for anything else you do in FGU. Aridhro provides a supplement to WOTC data which can only be licensed into DMsG so that WOTC/SW/DMsG all get their cuts. Its not something you just toss stuff into because people want it in - its very specific .mod.
    i understand, my question was not to load in is module, but how to create my custom and a have yours extensions loaded when the item will be identify and equiped. will try to see how i can do it.

Regards
    Last edited by plap3014; June 14th, 2021 at 01:13.

i understand, my question was not to load in is module, but how to create my custom and a have yours extensions loaded when the item will be identify and equiped. will try to see how i can do it.

Regards
    If you name the item "A" then create a power in a dummy test PC actions tab called "A" and add powers and/or effects to it then copy it out into spells - then when you equip the item you will see that power added into the PC equipping its action tab. Unequip it will be removed. And if you create a custom effect named "A" then it will also add that into the CT when equipped.

There is no more magic than that - simple. The search will find local DB entries name match first then hit the alphabetical order of modules to search till it finds a match for powers. For custom effects it will just find the first match - or if you set the option to hit multiple custom effect matches it will load in each match it finds in custom effects.

Hi, quick question, can we create our own and have them load with Equipped Effects Extension?
    Absolutely. Make a namematching spell power, drag it to the spell window and it will load on every item, abitity with a namematch.
    Have fun creating
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

our next release in the 5e Automatic Effects series is live!

5E Automatic Effects - Volo's Guide to Monsters

Instantly add effects for all racial traits, monster abilities, items and spells found in Volo’s Guide to Monsters! The 5E Automatic Effects is a series of modules to aid Game Masters and Players by automatically adding coding effects in the 5e D&D ruleset on the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop platform.

Product link: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/360...ate_id=1549348

Complete your 5eAE bundle and save 20%!
    My projects:

Already purchased ��

If you name the item "A" then create a power in a dummy test PC actions tab called "A" and add powers and/or effects to it then copy it out into spells - then when you equip the item you will see that power added into the PC equipping its action tab. Unequip it will be removed. And if you create a custom effect named "A" then it will also add that into the CT when equipped.

There is no more magic than that - simple. The search will find local DB entries name match first then hit the alphabetical order of modules to search till it finds a match for powers. For custom effects it will just find the first match - or if you set the option to hit multiple custom effect matches it will load in each match it finds in custom effects.
    Amazing! everything work like a charm! What a community! keep your excelent job!

our next release in the 5e Automatic Effects series is live!

5E Automatic Effects - Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes

Instantly add effects for all racial traits, monster abilities, items and spells found in Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes! The 5E Automatic Effects is a series of modules to aid Game Masters and Players by automatically adding coding effects in the 5e D&D ruleset on the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop platform.

Product Link: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/361...ate_id=1549348

Complete your 5eAE bundle and save 20%!
    My projects:

Thread Information