DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 46 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    It is the ADVSAV which is set on ROLL . If you set this to never expend, it would grant all your saves adv. FGU can not determine if you are targeted with a charm effect without an extension.

The reminder of the fey ancestry can be found in Summary, which can be toggled in action tab. Although I'll add 'magic cant put you to sleep'.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    It is the ADVSAV which is set on ROLL . If you set this to never expend, it would grant all your saves adv. FGU can not determine if you are targeted with a charm effect without an extension.

The reminder of the fey ancestry can be found in Summary, which can be toggled in action tab. Although I'll add 'magic cant put you to sleep'.
    Gotcha.. I guess I tested it with the Charm Person and it worked, so I thought it was because it was a charm effect, not just that it was an adv against all saves.

Aridhro has delivered the PHB and DMG supplements to DMsG. These have fixes where the []'s some of his effect data had were changed to quotes. This was due to these symbols causing problems with the new equipped effects extension's ability to update the NPC CT entries action list properly. Not sure what other updates he added in, if any.

Equipped Effects Extension - V 1.23 - Feature - New option "Translate NPC Powers" will be defaulted to "On". Where spell powers have always risked having spell/power actions missing or mangled in combat tracker NPC list of things they can do (on host - or on player with Assistant GM), this new feature will insure any power created for (in) a PC will be properly shown in the combat tracker for an NPC list of things they can do. You could never do everything in the text that a PC could do - but the combat tracker list was supposed to allow that - which it never really did well. Now this will translate the unseen powers into the NPC CT entry correctly and completely. You have to add NPC into CT to get those things to update. I did not fix/change that aspect on how FGU works, so that if you drop in spell in CT entry its still not going to do it correctly per normal.

He asked me to update his thread today so it is now updated.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thank you SilentRuin for the update. Tomorrow I will give some more info.

This update from equipped effects gives me the opportunity to expand the automatic effects modules with NPC traits, actions and legendary actions which need new/better effects to show in combat tracker.
    My projects:

The new update for Equipped Extension will make it possible to expand the 5e Automatic Effects modules onto a new level: NPC Traits/actions/legendary actions
    If you tried the new equipped effects with 5eAE PHB, you may have noticed that the parsed spells for your NPC spellcasters has been replaced by all code from 5eAE modules. Yes, ALL of it! Simply by adding it to combat tracker.
    But this is also possible for traits, actions and legendary actions. Those are not yet explored by me, but will most likely be part of all my modules in the future.
    Things like Battle cry, Leadership, ... will have code too.
    I also found an easy way to append that new code to your CT manually. Which means that I can add those code strings to power description for you to grab, drag and drop in your combat tracker.

First a comparisan: An archmage's spells with equipped effects and 5eAE (left), and one without (right)
    01.png
    And here how effects can easily be dragged and dropped to CT (work in progress):
    02.png

As the new equipped effects functionality is brand new, there is still some revision needed for the released 5eAE, but most of it works out of the box.

Hope you like all these new features, which will definitely shine with a release of the non anticipated 5eAE Monster Manual.
    My projects:

Wow great work. Your effects packages just grow and grow in value and @silentruin integration with Equipped effects just fantastic.

Man Aridhro, you are nice to your users. Mine are lucky if they get a paragraph explaining a new feature!

Here is how you should document features…

“It does stuff, and there is some new stuff too.”

That’s all they need really

Had an issue today and I'll see if I can replicate later tonight; but here's a summary

- Player joined the table, imported character he created using the character wizard on his own FGU instance.
    - Everything was on in options except "Ignore ID considerations".
    - Character had actions added for draconic resilience and dragon ancestor? I think? by the extension
    - The player's firebolt disappeared and the action for it became one of the draconic things.
    - the other draconic thing got his shield action

Disabling these options "add/Remove abilities", "Requip Reference Spells" and "Equip Template Item Spells" he could import without issue. Not sure which one exactly fixed the issue.

I'll try to replicate locally and then upload the campaign and a video demonstrating if I have time tonight after our game.

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    Had an issue today and I'll see if I can replicate later tonight; but here's a summary

- Player joined the table, imported character he created using the character wizard on his own FGU instance.
    - Everything was on in options except "Ignore ID considerations".
    - Character had actions added for draconic resilience and dragon ancestor? I think? by the extension
    - The player's firebolt disappeared and the action for it became one of the draconic things.
    - the other draconic thing got his shield action

Disabling these options "add/Remove abilities", "Requip Reference Spells" and "Equip Template Item Spells" he could import without issue. Not sure which one exactly fixed the issue.

I'll try to replicate locally and then upload the campaign and a video demonstrating if I have time tonight after our game.
    The "Add/Remove Abilities" if off will not do any name matching for abilities (Feats, Features, and Traits).
    The "Equip Reference Spells" if off will not search ANY modules - only the local DB entries you have personally defined in campaign - ie. none of Aridhro's data unless you copied it into your campaign.
    The "Equip Template Item Spells" if off will not search ANY template names and will only match exact names meaning a ton of Aridhro's data will not be found at all.

So essentially I'm confused as to what you said was going on - and as to what you have done about it (essentially make using Aridhro's data no longer a "thing" as far as automation is concerned).

All of the above options should be on if your planning to use Aridhro's data with automation.

If someone "imported" a character then it had all its own data. As long as the modules that data was built from are loaded in your campaign then your fine. However, if that module data was not DMG, PHB, or Aridhro's supplementally supported modules then likely none of the names would be correct and nothing would match or possibly match incorrectly? Gist being, very confused on what the problem is.

I am not sure why; but copying the character and moving that to the CT worked fine. So there was a work around.. Something janky with the way he built the character? He used the wizard, it should be fine.

I'll do some testing and see if I can nail down the exact issues I'm seeing. Played a game today and had some issues, but do have a fair few extensions loaded so it might be some incompatibility. They're all pretty common extensions though, so I would expect them to be ok.

Thread Information