FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 34 of 46 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    Grim Press is proud to expand its 5E Automatic Effects product line with the continuation of adventure effects!
    5E Automatic Effects - Curse of Strahd (5eAE CoS) is the second of these adventure effects modules, created by WeezelD, and includes over 650 effects to augment your CoS campaign. This supplement is a great way to learn more about how 5E Automatic Effects will enhance your Fantasy Grounds game play, bringing almost effortless effects management to GMs and players.

Find it here: 5E-Automatic Effects - Curse of Strahd

Last edited by Aridhro; July 30th, 2022 at 17:14.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

I have a question. I already have all the other effect packages, so does this add anything?

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I have a question. I already have all the other effect packages, so does this add anything?
    Yes it does.

Think of all the monsters that are in here and not in other places, they will have all those effects (if they can be coded) already coded onto them so you can just use them.

Also special items that are not found in other places.
    Traps and traits etc etc. Anything that is only found in COS and not the other CORE books.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yes it does.

Think of all the monsters that are in here and not in other places, they will have all those effects (if they can be coded) already coded onto them so you can just use them.

Also special items that are not found in other places.
    Traps and traits etc etc. Anything that is only found in COS and not the other CORE books.
    If you're a DM who doesn't own the rest of the product line, this module has everything that you need just to run CoS.. This isn't just the addition of new things, it is self-contained that it has the common stuff as well. If you aren't running CoS, there is no reason to pick this up (regardless of whether you own the other stuff or not). The other adventure module, for Lost Mine of P is also designed this way.

Example(s):
    There are named NPCs in CoS that are based on an underlying monster such as werewolf or revenant. These have powers which match their custom names to ensure that the power is loaded.

Additionally, some of these NPCs have variations on the base power, such as a higher DC or a slightly different effect -- but the NPC feature is still named the same thing on the NPC.. This module addresses that by having a custom power for that NPC which has the appropriate DCs and effects.

All of the magic items which are CoS specific have appropriate powers/effects when equipped by your players.

Unique powers on NPCs (e.g. Strahd himself)

Hope that gives you some insight on why you might want this.. Let us know if you have any questions.

Soon ...

My projects:

Apparently there is a Christmas in July sale on DMsGuild discounting several of my products with 25% (5% better than the current bundle discount)
    Check my products here on DMsGuild!
    Probably only for the two remaining days in July.
    Last edited by Aridhro; July 30th, 2022 at 17:09.
    My projects:

IT'S RELEASE DAY!!! 5E Automatic Effects - Monsters of the Multiverse (Fantasy Grounds) is now available for sale on the DMsGuild!!

5E Automatic Effects - Monsters of the Multiverse

You can complete your bundle & get 20% off this new release: 5E Automatic Effects Bundle

Also note - we've removed 5eAE Volo's Guide to Monsters & 5eAE Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes from the bundle, as these products are no longer for sale on the FG store.

The 5eAE products for these two modules will remain on the DMsGuild for sale, but removing them from the bundle was done so we're offering the same products as Smiteworks for the core books.

My projects:

Hi, I've just bought a few of these modules recently (PHB, DMG, CoS, MM). Is there a way of automating the rogue's Sneak Attack included? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xsection View Post
    Hi, I've just bought a few of these modules recently (PHB, DMG, CoS, MM). Is there a way of automating the rogue's Sneak Attack included? Thanks.
    The module gives you the effect but doesn't really automate it. You would need to use something like the Rob2e extension for that.

The issue is that with effects only you cannot (as far as I am aware) check for stuff like party member adjacency or if you have general advantage on the attack. The Rob2e extension does handle this, but then comes with the issue that it will apply sneak attack to the first attack that you make (and that hits) in a round, which is usually what you want (especially if you don't have two weapons or some other means of attacking more than once). But I have had it be an issue in my games so I just reverted to using the effect and having the player put it in their hotbar for every time they wanted to make a sneak attack.

Quote Originally Posted by xsection View Post
    The effects provided in FG can help you add the extra damage, but nothing else. So I've originally coded the extra damage for level one rogues, which you can edit later on.
    With the addition of BCEG effects I can spice it up a little bit to "Sneak Attack (level 1); DMG: 1d6; DUSE; ATURN" but that will only help you with activation on turn (which is a bit tricky as it doesn't always apply) and deactivation on usage.
    I will tackle these updates for PHB in the last quarter of 2022. The co-op with Ryan's BCEG only started in 2022 and while books like Monsters of the Multiverse and Monster Manual are already updated, others still need quite some work.
    Other extensions may help you out here, but I can't confirm this as I don't use them.
    My projects:

Thread Information