STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 46 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DMMoseley23 View Post
    Could be user error, but it seems to me protection scrolls were not all accounted for in the recent releases? Protection from undead, elementals, and beasts for example. 5e Automatic Effects seems to have Prot from Good/Evil, Poison, and Energy. If those others aren't there now, any chance they will be in future?
    This is what I made for the scrolls of protection. Will now copy it to the seven other creature types and add it for the next update.
    Scroll of protection draft.PNG
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    I'm super interested in this for the character creation server I tend to host at conventions. A lot of brand new people to FG only can manage to build a char and are no where ready to dive into the world of effects. Explaining to them to drag a whole set of effects on to their char after they've built a char can be discouraging for players who just want to jump into a game. And I don't have the hands on time to be able to add the coding for each by hand.

If my understanding of this is correct, then I can just add their char once done to the tracker and it'll add the coding for their abilities without my having to do it for them?

I'll definitely be purchasing and checking it out.
    That is exactly what it does. Thanks for checking it out.
    You can even use the character wizard, so spellcasters also have their spells at the ready in the action tab. Adding those spells to the action tab is a new built-in feature for 5e core rules character wizard (since April 13th) and happens to work perfectly with my modules, as it prioritizes my powers for spells above those parsed by FGU.
    Spells is the only thing we could not automate, as there is no other entry than the one in the action tab. Luckily FG 5E core rules did this for us. Nice timing, I would say.
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    This is what I made for the scrolls of protection. Will now copy it to the seven other creature types and add it for the next update.
    Scroll of protection draft.PNG
    Awesome. This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    That is exactly what it does. Thanks for checking it out.
    You can even use the character wizard, so spellcasters also have their spells at the ready in the action tab. Adding those spells to the action tab is a new built-in feature for 5e core rules character wizard (since April 13th) and happens to work perfectly with my modules, as it prioritizes my powers for spells above those parsed by FGU.
    Spells is the only thing we could not automate, as there is no other entry than the one in the action tab. Luckily FG 5E core rules did this for us. Nice timing, I would say.
    I tested this out from the DM side and built 4 test characters including a multiclass one and it worked flawlessly!

Selecting the spells through the character wizard, as you suggested, also added your coding as well
    This is going to make my job of hosting character creation servers at conventions a lot easier - this is really great work.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    I tested this out from the DM side and built 4 test characters including a multiclass one and it worked flawlessly!

Selecting the spells through the character wizard, as you suggested, also added your coding as well
    This is going to make my job of hosting character creation servers at conventions a lot easier - this is really great work.
    Glad to hear it worked flawlessly. Thank you for the kind words.
    Hope you can get those new players and DM up to speed in no time.
    And if they ever ask how you managed to prep those characters so easily, don't hesitate to point them out to this humble thread
    My projects:

The work you are doing here is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    The work you are doing here is just amazing.
    Thx
    My projects:

Hmmm.. As this will not trigger notifications without a new post - the page 1 has been updated as has DMsG with a big new update. To paraphrase something in Grim Press discord...

These updates include tons of new stuff (cough: race & feat coding), suffice to say, this was a big one.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Haven't had a chance to update yet, but how do you handle the lucky feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Haven't had a chance to update yet, but how do you handle the lucky feat?
    It is impossible to handle with fg built-in effects. Only the uses work. The only option right now is a extension, but these modules are data, only it applying automatic is SRs extension.
    Hopefully FG changes this in the near future. The
    update last night gives hope as they are still updating the ruleset with new effects.
    My projects:

Thread Information