STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 46 First ... 8910111220 ... Last

The 5e Automatic Effects Dungeon Master's Guide has also been updated following its new requirements.
    As for the Player's Handbook all power descriptions have been replaced by links to the official core rulebooks.
    But for the Dungeon Master's Guide this ment a new challenge: What about magic items which are (by default) not available to be loaded by players.
    MeAndUnique and I found a subtle solution for this problem: "Shareable links"
    If you never heard of them, don't panic, we didn't either. Found it by trial and error.
    How does it work? When shareable links ("public" in xml terms) are inside a "Story" entry and you share that single story to your players, all shareable links inside will also be shared to your players.
    Well, me made such a Story entry with hidden links to all those magic items that are normally unavailable to load by players.
    Shareable links.png

Your players will be able to open the link provided in the magic item power description or let Equipped Effects do the 'hard' work for them, transferring the description from the official DMG inside the power.

Important: Everything that is provided in the DMG Player version is linked accordingly. When a player version exists, it is used.
    The above text only applies to those not available in DMG Players

Alternatives:
    - It is also possible to share those links individually, if you dont want to share all of those. E.g. the moment a player equips a magic item, go to his action tab, click the power link and share the underlying link to the Dungeon Master's Guide.
    - Sharing the whole DMG will also work just fine, but may not be desirable to do carte blanche for many DMs.

The screenshot shown above will share only the items that are linked by Automatic Effects' powers.
    It strikes a middle ground between having to manually share items one at a time, while still keeping the bulk of the module private for the DM.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    If I load Rob's coding and then drag an item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, nothing happens except I have the scroll in my inventory.
    To be clear, this particular statement is patently false. Just FYI.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Please let's get this thread back on track and to the point.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    You WILL be missing something. I've done ALL the WotC books, not just PHB and DMG.
    Not to worry. So will Aridhro.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Lets get back to work. Xanathar spells and items done. Only the class features left.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Lets get back to work. Xanathar spells and items done. Only the class features left.
    Well I for one don't have anything outside of PHB, MM, and DMG modules so your on your own to test that one

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    To be clear, this particular statement is patently false. Just FYI.
    Since I've been called a liar, I feel the need to defend myself. For clarity, I will quote the original post I was responding to my entire post as everything I said adds context, while quoting only one line explicitly removes context.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Seems a bit like stepping on someone else's toes to me. Rob did all this coding several years ago, and now you come along with the same thing?!?
    If I load Rob's coding and then drag an item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, nothing happens except I have the scroll in my inventory.

If I load up Silent Ruin's extension and Aridhro's coding and drag the same item named "Scroll of Fireball" to my inventory, it AUTOMATICALLY adds single-use Fireball spell coding to my Action tab. And the same is true of ANY scroll, ring, rod, staff, weapon, armor, or other item found in the Player's Handbook or Dungeon Master's Guide that needs coding. And they went above-and-beyond and made these ready to work with Lighting FX when those additions get added to LIVE.

So saying that "Rob already did this" is both false and rather ignorant. Watch the video and see what the extension + module does before you say nasty things.
    And now, video evidence that I wasn't lying or posting "patently false" statements.

Since I've been called a liar, I feel the need to defend myself. For clarity, I will quote the original post I was responding to my entire post as everything I said adds context, while quoting only one line explicitly removes context.

And now, video evidence that I wasn't lying or posting "patently false" statements.

I should point out that in this video the links are really all that Aridhro's data has. Equipped Effects has one of those options that can be turned on to interpret the first link in the text/description of an item, NPC other tab, or spell/power description and look up the reference of the original source without putting anything in the DB. Purely display only - to conform to SW/WOTC directive to only provide links in order to insure source modules cannot be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I should point out that in this video the links are really all that Aridhro's data has. Equipped Effects has one of those options that can be turned on to interpret the first link in the text/description of an item, NPC other tab, or spell/power description and look up the reference of the original source without putting anything in the DB. Purely display only - to conform to SW/WOTC directive to only provide links in order to insure source modules cannot be left out.
    Also as a note on this excellent video - you can see some of the abilities have been automatically added into the Actions tab - those were done by equipped effects looking up the feature/trait/feat in abilities tab and finding a name match in powers - then added it in. The Features and Traits categories are specifically those. The Equipped Items is the category that occurs with equip/unequip specifically. If a feature/trait/feat/item has a name match (or template name match) in custom effects (combat tracker) or spell powers (action tab) it will always automatically add them in (if options allow). Works for PCs and NPCs also.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; May 7th, 2021 at 00:57.

Thread Information