DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Class Ability "Shortcodes"..?

So, just had an interesting thing happen:

Just out of curiosity, I created a Class Ability on the Action tab, and decided to drag a Mystic's Healing Channel into it. To my surprise, it automatically created a Heal for 2d8.
    After some testing, I came to the conclusion that it was due to the description saying "restores 2d8", but that left me thinking: Are there other such shortcodes? And if yes, what are the formats?

I want to basically use this to write out the effects and codes as part of the description custom Class Features, so I can just drag and drop them, instead of manually having to create them each and every time

Some others..

deals "2d10" "cold" damage
    is "Flat-footed"
    is "Stunned" for 1 round
    is "Stunned" for "1d4+1" rounds
    is "Grappled" and "Prone"
    Items in "" can have other effects or dice strings as it were (Do not include them)

These work for Spells as well

Madman..
    Last edited by madman; March 30th, 2021 at 11:10.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Some others..

deals "2d10" "cold" damage
    is "Flat-footed"
    is "Stunned" for 1 round
    is "Stunned" for "1d4+1" rounds
    is "Grappled" and "Prone"
    Items in "" can have other effects or dice strings as it were (Do not include them)

These work for Spells as well

Madman..
    Thanks a ton!
    I was able to find even more of these by reviewing the manager_ability and manager_spell LUA files in the SFRPG Ruleset, but I most likely wouldn't have been able to make much sense of it if not for your post.

The only issue remaining is that I couldn't find anything for adding a resolve point cost through the text nor to add an effect or specify the cast, so I wouldn't have to manually do that afterwards

ability use.png
    Last edited by HeckoX; April 1st, 2021 at 08:29. Reason: Added image

I have never seen a way to parse the info for RP from text.
    You can automate the removal of RP in Actions. (See below .gif)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I have never seen a way to parse the info for RP from text.
    You can automate the removal of RP in Actions. (See below .gif)
    That much I'm aware of; I was hoping to be able to add the 1 for the cost from the text though. Something along the lines of "costs 1 Resolve" or similar.

This is essentially to be able to save class abilities as Features and just drag and drop them to a character's action tab, instead of manually having to make things from scratch each time; but if it can't be done, it can't be done. Thanks regardless!

You can create them all on a character and Export the character.
    That is the only workaround I know of.

You can create them all on a character and Export the character.
    That is the only workaround I know of.
    I had the same thought, but effects, checks, and other settings don't carry over when you drag from one sheet to another (other than what is parsed from the text in the description), so I would still be forced to do it all manually.

Granted, it's a bit quicker, since I can copy/paste effects, but it's still an annoyingly manual process.

Thread Information