STAR TREK 2d20

unreliable combattracker.list.*.status updates in TEST server?

TEST server question - I'm watching combattracker.list.*.status "onUpdate" to determine when something is dead (by checking more than status as that is unreliable at times) - but in a live TEST server game with 4 players it seemed I had to double click on the token to get this to trigger. Am I not going to be guaranteed this gets updated when a PC/NPC goes to 0 HP? Particularly when a PC kills an NPC? Even if I watch for .wounds and .deathsavefail it will still randomly not trigger the death check in TEST (though this requires a heavy load to lose some of the updates unlike the .status one which drops them at the drop of a hat for remote users). Some kind of timing thing going on here?
    LIVE was working for someone just the other week (not been on LIVE since TEST dropped myself). And I would have heard from people if this was not working on LIVE by now as consistently as it fails for me (with live players not just me connecting to me) in TEST server.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

The status is updated by the GM client; and only when the combat tracker is open on the GM client. Other than that, it shouldn't be any different between the versions.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The status is updated by the GM client; and only when the combat tracker is open on the GM client. Other than that, it shouldn't be any different between the versions.

Regards,
    JPG
    What I thought. Yet tonight I saw my code not trigger when I had 4 live players - unless I double clicked on token. We are talking about the database trigger itself not any of the combat tracker indicators - all looked correct in game. Just the code that was set to trigger

Code:
    DB.addHandler("combattracker.list.*.status", "onUpdate", onDead);
    Did not reliably trigger. I even tried replacing it with

Code:
    DB.addHandler("combattracker.list.*.wounds", "onUpdate", onDead);
    DB.addHandler("combattracker.list.*.deathsavefail", "onUpdate", onDead);
    (names by memory so hopefully correct)
    and while it worked "better" it still would fail on 2 - 3 NPC CT entries when I had 20, targeted them all, and blasted them (kobalds) in one damage hit. So something is not happening someplace. I can try and drop prints in tomorrow but I know what I saw. Just not sure on the why of it.

Ugh - now today I setup a pristine test case - making sure my player (me on local machine) attached to host (me on local machine) has combat tracker up in both player and GM side - and it works. Did a thunder wave on 20 kobolds and it triggered it on all of them (took 25 seconds to do everything in GM side and player side - but it did fully complete).

So while I know SOMETHING is going on - I don't know how to trigger it right now.

I'll test this tomorrow. Have a game with 5 remote players.

Thread Information