DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to quick roll initiative for newly added combatant or one without initiative?

Is there a way (or free extension that I couldn't locate with search) to roll from CT the initiative of newly added combatants without re-rolling every NPC? I don't see such option for either PC or NPC and from what I researched I have to give $10 for extension in DM's Guild.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

When you add an NPC to the combat tracker (either via drag/drop or from an encounter) FG rolls the initiative for them.

There's also a re-roll option via the CT menu, but this will re-roll all PCs, NPCs, or both PCs and NPCx.

Are you wanting to re-roll already rolled initiative? Or aren't you seeing FG rolling the initiative for NPCs initially?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

An initiative roll is basically a dex check; so open the NPC sheet and click the small 'S' beside the dexterity ability of the creature and then just manually enter that into the CT for that creatures initiative. There isn't a way to roll it from the CT menu. An alternative - as Trenloe points out - is to turn on the initiative auto add in option. This will automatically roll initiatives for all NPCs when they are placed on the CT.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Trenloe, Zacchaeus thanks for the pointer to the Add: Auto NPC initiative, this definitely sorted out the issue when I add NPC to CT. I completely forgot about this option when I was setting up the campaign weeks ago. 90% of the use-cases are now addressed. I am getting fond of D&D 5e ruleset more and more.

It would be perfect if there was a way to re-roll initiative for single combatant, though doing it manually is minor inconvenience I can live with.

You are the man!

I think you can right click an entry on the Combat Tracker to re-roll just that character/NPCs initiative?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    I think you can right click an entry on the Combat Tracker to re-roll just that character/NPCs initiative?
    This is functionality of one extension available on DM's Guild, not part of the standard context-menu in CT.

Well, I learn something new everyday! I'm so used to using extensions that I forget that really useful things may actually be additions rather than stock FG! Loving the look of Damned's extension above... the list gets ever longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This is functionality of one extension available on DM's Guild, not part of the standard context-menu in CT.
    When you click on menu, then you can also roll for all, all NPCs or all PCs also in the native ruleset (EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it is just about that entry, I read somehow "all (N)PCs" The fate of reading too quickly )

Thread Information