FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Disengage

Disengage

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to 5e, Disengage is causing a lot of problems and I think it may be down to my misunderstanding 5E. If a rogue uses Disengage whilst in melee combat with 3 mobs and then moves to another group with a team mate can he still utilise disengage to move to a favourable position?

Thanks

Baybans

Quote Originally Posted by Baybans View Post
    Hi All,

I'm fairly new to 5e, Disengage is causing a lot of problems and I think it may be down to my misunderstanding 5E. If a rogue uses Disengage whilst in melee combat with 3 mobs and then moves to another group with a team mate can he still utilise disengage to move to a favourable position?

Thanks

Baybans
    5E Disengage lasts for the player's entire turn once used.

If you take the Disengage action, your movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks for the rest of the turn.

Moved to the 5e forum as this is a question specific to 5e.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Generally disengage is an action but rogues can use it as a bonus action and you can only use one bonus action. So if the rogue disengages he can't bonus action dash also.

Thread Information