FG Spreadshirt Swag

Marching order graphical glitch V4.1

As the GM in Test channel v4.1 I found that when I dragged a character onto the Formation panel,
    if I moved them, it re-drew the new position of the character while keeping the old one.

This also happened for if I had characters on the page and I used middle click to move the screen position

Marching order - moving screen or player.png

Clients did not see anything in the formation panel

They can if you turn on the option in the options menu. There was a 'rumor' that this feature might go away. The issue below might be a memory issue.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

This is an issue for any image record without an image layer.

It's true I've been considering retiring this particular image view; since it is not heavily used, is problematic coding wise in many ways, and is therefore high maintenance.
    Instead of removing this tab completely, I was considering whether to do something similar to the formation extension.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    If a CT token instance could be on more than one image/map at a time, then any image could be used as a formation map.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Having CT tokens on more than one instance at a time would create a lot of overhead for tracking; as well as leaving friendly units scattered throughout campaign images. I can just imagine a long-running campaign where CT token instances were scattered over a 100 maps over time; and there are a 100 data entries in each CT entry to track that.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This is an issue for any image record without an image layer.

It's true I've been considering retiring this particular image view; since it is not heavily used, is problematic coding wise in many ways, and is therefore high maintenance.
    Instead of removing this tab completely, I was considering whether to do something similar to the formation extension.

Regards,
    JPG
    I'd vote for removing it altogether and integrating the Theatre of the Mind extension into Core - since that's a lot more useful to be honest.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Zacchaeus I like the idea, since I do sometimes use the formation map for theater of the mind encounters, but it does have some limitations. A formation map typically (at least in my games) has multiple formations, ie single file, 5' wide; two columns, 10' wide; and outdoors - so the PC tokens are usually on it multiple times. This type of map with multiple PC copies doesn't work great with actual encounters.

I would like both the formation map and a theater of the mind map.

Thread Information