FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

in need of a Mine/Cave Map with LOS

hi all

im in need of a cave/mine map and i dont have time to make one by tomorow when my group is playing , anyone that can help me with one or guide me to a place were i can get one.

Langs

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...CK_UNDERGROUND

Comes with three cavern maps (with LoS).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There are several underground maps in the FG Battle Maps pack that comes with the licence. If you haven't already, check those out before buying new ones.
    Alea iacta est

Here's a random one from Dungeondraft with LOS. This is for personal use only as the assets are owned by Dungeondraft.

Edit: Note the grid is 72. If that makes the passages too narrow then set the grid to 36 to double the size of the passages.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Griogre; March 27th, 2021 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    There are several underground maps in the FG Battle Maps pack that comes with the licence. If you haven't already, check those out before buying new ones.
    I agree with this greatly. I myself sought out maps or even information (like tables, additional magic items) and forgot all the "stuff" i ALREADY have/own on my fg account. I have so much content / resources to utilize its fun figuring out how to use it in games.

So thats my point before you waste stress time or money check through all you Dmsguild and fg store purchases first, particularly if you have made several purchases over your time with fg.

Its easy to forget what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Here's a random one from Dungeondraft with LOS. ...
    Nice Map!
    One question tho. In today's world of FGU, is there a reason to generate a map with a prebuilt grid?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Nice Map!
    One question tho. In today's world of FGU, is there a reason to generate a map with a prebuilt grid?
    Only for convenience, I usually use that grid for 10' squares, so I set the FG grid to half the size. For large maps like this, I have found having a 10' grid makes it easier to eyeball ranges, but there no real reason other than that. Since I usually leave a map grid on it didn't occur to me to remove it. This only took a few seconds to make and then another few seconds to run the script. It took longer to load FGU and check the LOS looked OK.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Nice Map!
    Yes. For those of us who like the grid to be on the floor/ground only, i.e., under the walls, furniture, etc. Until FG supports that, I'll likely continue to make my maps in something else unless I need to throw together something quickly.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information